Swift faces arrest for attending Proof funeral

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A Michigan judge issued an arrest warrant for D12 member Swift on Wednesday after the rapper missed a court appearance to attend the funeral for Proof. Swift (born Ondre Moore), was scheduled to appear in court Wednesday for a hearing to decide whether he violated the terms of his probation stemming from a drunken-driving case.

The Detroit Free Press reported that Swift pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle while visibly impaired on October 17 of last year, a misdemeanor punishable by up to three months in jail. That same day, Judge Brian MacKenzie said, Swift tested positive for using illegal drugs and was sent to jail for two days. Ten days later, Swift was sentenced to two years probation and ordered to do 50 hours of community service, attend Alcoholics Anonymous and stay away from drugs and alcohol, the paper said. But in March, Swift tested positive for alcohol and was sentenced to a week in jail. Last week, Judge MacKenzie said Swift tested positive for alcohol again, which triggered the hearing.

Swift missed his the court date because he served as an honorary pallbearer at the funeral for Proof who was shot and killed at the CCC Club in Detroit on April 11.

Judge MacKenzie said he waited until 4:15 p.m. to give Swift, 31 a chance to show up. When he didn't, MacKenzie issued a bench warrant for the rapper's arrest and set his bail at $500,000.

"While I recognize the importance of attending a funeral ... there is a requirement that you make some effort to comply with a court order," the judge said.

Swift could face more than three months in jail if MacKenzie finds that he violated his probation.

Source: MTV

THEV1LL4N

good luck swifty. fuck the judge! swifty must have been hurt, seeing 1 of his best mates 4 the very last time. he cant just put those feelings aside, and go to court knowing ther'll b more bad news on d way all @ once. man 1 feel sorry 4 him.

gd luck in court.

at this rate the D12 albums gonna keep being delayed.
i dnt care how long the album takes, as long as its at its best, and as long as proof is on there.
oh and just after d12 started recording the album, the shooting took place, so proof mite not b on d album much.

RIP proof & good luck 2 swifty.

ArtsyGirl

They should have been able to re-shedule the court shit for the funeral, its not like he's going to a party. Hope Judge see's some sense..

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
The judge did see some sense. He gave him till 4:15pm. It's cool, though. What is jail/bail/parole to a rich rapper? A mere boost.

Freedom Froggy

its court, law, what do you expect the judge to do, make exceptions cause hes a rapper?

hell no.. fuck that .. he wouldnt do it for the avg joe, he damn sho wouldnt have gave him till 415 either too show up

Thats Fucked Up. Swiftys Attourney Should Of Appeared On His Behalf Because Of The Circumstancies, In The Uk You Can Do That But Dont Know About The U.s. Fuckin Every State Has Differant Lawz. Fucked Up

_carmi

me, myself & us
cold-hearted shit.

that aint cool. swift has lost one of his best buddies and sees him for a last time and them judges arrest them. dont they have a heart?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.