Sway made executive at MTV

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sway Calloway has made a very big move for himself recently. Aside from renegotiating his contract with MTV to return as news correspondent, he has also managed to get bumped up to an executive position at the network -- a first for a TV personality since Carson Daily.

"They stepped up to the plate making MTV my home," exclaimed Sway his new contract. "It will be a few years before we see the results of this development; however, I'm looking forward to the challenge."

With Sway's new position, he will now have the ability to produce programming on MTV and other Viacom channels, along with his partner King Tech.

Although he is happy now, a few months back he was ready to leave MTV because the company's vision for what they wanted from Sway was very different from what he wanted. In September of 2005, Sway had severed ties with the network after negotiations of his contract were not reached.

"The nature of the contract presented to me did not reflect where I wanted to be professionally with the company at this point in my career," Sway explained.

After five years at MTV, Sway felt that his decision making abilities would have been increased within the company, but weren't, so he felt it was time to leave. It was his five-year plan and he stuck by it.

"Once that plan had not come to fruition, I decided it was best to walk away," Sway continued. "The plan encompassed my development into a company executive being instrumental in the decisions made about today's increasingly expanding music industry."

With his renewed contract, Sway's face will be a constant on the channel for years to come.

In addition to his MTV position, Sway is the owner of his own record label, Bolo Entertainment (which has distribution through Universal), with his partner King Tech. The label is prepping the release of Chino XL's solo album early this year.

Source : Ballerstatus.net

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.