Sway Beats 50 Cent And The Game To Claim A MOBO!! UK Hip Hop Is Coming Up!!

Shot 21

Dont get this wrong Im not hating on America, UK Hip Hop will never be as big as American Hip Hop, but this is a sign that it is getting more popular. A load of people were nominated for a MOBO. The nominees were:

50 Cent
Blak Twang
Roots Manuva
Sway
The Game
Kano

The winner was sway which was suprising because i could have betted my life that 50 was going to win. If not 50 then definately The Game. But the UKs own Sway won and he isnt even signed yet!!!!!

Proof if you dont believe me

http://www.mobo.com/nominees.html
Nominees

http://www.mobo.com/awards.html
Winners

Like I say, not hating, just good to see UK Hip Hop doing well.

Shot 21

2Pax said:
I'm english and I don't even know who Sway is.
!!! Man fuck you! You dont know who Sway is! You lil mutherfucker, tell me where you live and I will fuck you up!

No not really lol. He done the song Flo Fashion which is always on Channel U. And He dropped that Sicc verse on The Mitchell Bros - Harvey Nicks. Probably about as sicc as Kano.

2Pax

Shot 21 said:
!!! Man fuck you! You dont know who Sway is! You lil mutherfucker, tell me where you live and I will fuck you up!

No not really lol. He done the song Flo Fashion which is always on Channel U. And He dropped that Sicc verse on The Mitchell Bros - Harvey Nicks. Probably about as sicc as Kano.
lol Channel U I temporarily lose my vision when I see that channel come on.

Nick

MOBO = Music Of Black Origin

Not really that suprising that a UK artist won an award over his American peers when it's a UK based awards show.

He is very good tho, i'm gonna pick up his album tomorrow.

ThUg $TyLe said:
Sway only won because they didnt wanna give out awards to American acts who didn't show up.

Kano>>Sway
ye thats what first came to mind.

i mean does sway even have a mainstream single out ??

kanos got nite nite in the mainstream wit the streets, ithink he was more deserving.

TCD

Sway is a very good rapper, who has a nice flow with charismatic lyrics if nobody's heard of him.

But seeing the success of Kano you'd think he'd win it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Chronic said:
Well if it's an UK award it doesn't really mean anything, does it?
UK Hip-Hop coming up in the UK?

lol
He has a point. The MoBO's are dying thanks to the fact they pick the wrong person to win. A bit like the Mercury Music awards.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.