Summer Tunes

THEV1LL4N

Im making a playlist (in preparation for the summer) and have comprised it of about 30 songs so far (from the top of my head).

i actually wanted 20 to begin with but more just came to mind and im on 30. might as well make it to 50. so it also gave me the idea of making a thread about it.

what are you favourite summer tunes? post videos. thanks.

[YOUTUBE]ayE6Shlv598[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]91Ml5XPArPY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]IR0SaIywXmQ[/YOUTUBE]

..i'll post more later.. those are the first that came to mind.

peace

masta247

Staff member
kurupt & j.wells - summertime

fresh prince - summertime

Also, I always thought that 2pac's "Lost souls" had a summertime vibe to it.

_carmi

me, myself & us
i like the songs on the Chronic. got a nice chill vibe to them. sounds good in a car driving on the road during summer time. or just to chill.

Stone_Cold

Was thinking about this myself now that the weather is getting better!
Pick up any People Under The Stairs album, perfect summer music.

[youtube]H8av64Va_-4[/youtube]

[youtube]Oku_I01y8-s[/youtube]

[youtube]488iwyyRkMA[/youtube]

[youtube]HDtE6XXCAbw[/youtube]

Gotta drop a bit of Atmos in there too lol

[youtube]VQUw--AMPfI[/youtube]

Not your typical cheery summer music but I love this song in the summer, something about the keyboard and the birds chirping in it, love the video aswell, so shit its good

[youtube]E4VMh0Jtw7s[/youtube]

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
A good song is a summer tune for me. I don't need someone yelling "summer summer, summertime" for me to realize it's fucking hot and sunny outside. Goddfuckindamnit.

ARon

^Word

It's sunny as fuck here right now, thank the lord, and so its fitting for this that I just put up the last couple songs I've listened to.

Spottieottiedopaliscious by OutKast

I Ain't No Joke by Rakim

The Best Are Full of Love by Buff1 (Ft. Diz Gibran & Shawn Jackson)

Won't Do by J Dilla

We Gonna Make It by Jadakiss (Ft. Styles P)

Born To Roll by Masta Ace
"Rolling down my windows, yeah I have an air conditioner, but I got the sound I want the whole world to listen to"

THEV1LL4N

A good song is a summer tune for me. I don't need someone yelling "summer summer, summertime" for me to realize it's fucking hot and sunny outside. Goddfuckindamnit.
true, but still i think summertine by jazzy jeff/fresh prince is a classic and summertime by DP is really good.

take aaliyah's back and forth for example, that just sets off a nice summer vibe. a good song for the summer so yea, along the lines of what you're saying here sofi. :)

i was going to state another song but ive forgotten it in the process lol.

FroDawgg

"i love the dough" by BIG & Jay-Z. it has that vibe to it. i've been listening it to a lot lately and thinking that this might be one of the most underappreciated hip hop tracks of all time--the beat, the flow, the feel--but that's probably cuz it wasn't a single.

THEV1LL4N

yea i like the california love remix better for a g-funk, summer vibe. really smooth and laid back.

its already in that playlist im creating.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
Pull Ya Drawz Down (Feat. Snoop Dogg) by tha dogg pound
It's Nasty (Genius of Love) - Grandmaster Flash and The Furious 5
Ohh Ahh by The Grits
Paragraphs Of Pleasure (feat. Kurupt, Roscoe, Tri Star, & Bizzle) by J Wells

masta247

Staff member
True but I also think it's the other way around.
When an artist records a great beat with a summertime feeling he often titles it "summertime" or something along these lines. Some of these songs are really awesome for summer and I think "summer time" by Fresh Prince is the nicest of them. At least I don't think I have a better "summer track" with that summer vibe and even if the bitch on the chorus yelled "anal time" or whatever that would still be my favorite summer track.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.