Suggestion for Movie Download Forum

DarkPhantom13

Staff member
I was talking to Jeremy and we came up with the idea of implementing a code into the forums so users have to actually reply in the thread to see the download links. Alot of other forums have done this to avoid leechers from just coming onto the site and getting the links without even contributing anything to the site. This i think will get rid of alot of leechers and in the process even get more users to register to the site instead of just lurking or leeching in the shadows. So can this be done?

ARon

Are you talkin about the little icon that says click and reply to see link or whatever, usually silver and red..?

There is a way around that.

And how is someone saying props or thanks contributing to the site.

I know Jeremy is just talkin but yes please only use RS so people will go to the other places they use to DL shit.

_carmi

me, myself & us
I was talking to Jeremy and we came up with the idea of implementing a code into the forums so users have to actually reply in the thread to see the download links. Alot of other forums have done this to avoid leechers from just coming onto the site and getting the links without even contributing anything to the site. This i think will get rid of alot of leechers and in the process even get more users to register to the site instead of just lurking or leeching in the shadows. So can this be done?
i know what you're talking about. it'll force people to join the board, reply to threads with thx and props, and who knows maybe they'll integrate our superb e-community.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Currently Caesar set it up so you have to be registered and logged in to even see the threads so it does force people to at least register. But yeah sounds like a good idea to me.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
RS Links only? Sounds stupid, they're are many faster and unlimited (filesize wise) hosting sites, many of which Zimb is all ready using. Yes make it hidden unless you have replied, but don't restrict sharing sites.

i gotta be honest with you... this forum idea kinda failed... we have fewer movies upped and now it's all requests.. i never would have requested donnie darko, planet of the apes (until now, the link just died that's all), juno, etc..... it was that thread that made me just dl it and watch the movies... and for the most part i enjoyed them all..

movie thread>>>>>>movie forum...

but what does my opinion matter.. im just a kid

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
^^ dude, that forum has been active less than a week, don't you think it rather a bit (Enter Sarcasm) too soon to be passing judgement?

Jeremy

RS Links only? Sounds stupid, they're are many faster and unlimited (filesize wise) hosting sites, many of which Zimb is all ready using. Yes make it hidden unless you have replied, but don't restrict sharing sites.
I was just trying to piss the people off who complain about the limit on RS.

DarkPhantom13

Staff member
i gotta be honest with you... this forum idea kinda failed... we have fewer movies upped and now it's all requests.. i never would have requested donnie darko, planet of the apes (until now, the link just died that's all), juno, etc..... it was that thread that made me just dl it and watch the movies... and for the most part i enjoyed them all..

movie thread>>>>>>movie forum...

but what does my opinion matter.. im just a kid
Wat are you talking about? It's the same amount of movies except that instead of being upped all in one thread they are each getting their own thread. I dont get around to posting movies sometimes because i dont have time, im sure it's the same way for Zimb.

Wat are you talking about? It's the same amount of movies except that instead of being upped all in one thread they are each getting their own thread. I dont get around to posting movies sometimes because i dont have time, im sure it's the same way for Zimb.
really?? zimb would post about 3 movies in one post and have about 3 or 4 posts daily.... how many posts does make now?? in order for it to even out we would need 12 or so new threads each day with links to new movies...do you see that??? i dont... i do see re posts of movies that were already in that movie thread though... im not sure why...

how is it being cheap? my life, let alone my e-life, doesnt revolve around movies.... if anyone owns a rapidshare account they either need it for work or they have no lives and dl media AL FUCKING DAY LONG!!!... i dont need these movies.... i really dont... which isnt to undermine zimbabwe's and DP's work in any wayt... i make a request, they honor it if they feel like it and i thank them... if i had a rapidshare account, i still wouldnt be happy when i saw zimbabwe post something that takes 8 links to download and puts it into one big 700 mb file.... we're not living in the stone age with dial-up.... with even the shittiest broadband connection im getting 55kb a sec... 6 hours.... i go to class, come back, eat something, and it;s done, or 30 mins. away from it...

it's not being cheap.. it's called knowing when this shit is just going too far... it's called "i live off my parents money and dont wish to spend 30 bucks a year on some bullshit".... if this fails, torrents are always free as well....

fuck off....

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
You're misplacing your point. The creation of a movie links forum isn't the reason for less movies being posted, but simply that Zimb is not getting around to it as much. It has nothing to do with the new forum.

Also, ask around on your campus. There should be an underground hub on DC++ or something for bootleggers. Lots of everything.

You're misplacing your point. The creation of a movie links forum isn't the reason for less movies being posted, but simply that Zimb is not getting around to it as much. It has nothing to do with the new forum.

Also, ask around on your campus. There should be an underground hub on DC++ or something for bootleggers. Lots of everything.
well, im pretty computer literate, but im not familiar with hubs... heard alot about it though... thing is, on campus bittorrent as well as limewire, basically all file-sharing programs, are blocked.. im sure someone has found a way to get around it but...

i may be wrong but wouldnt i have to be "in" with the kids that do this type of stuff? kinda like a clique? i dunno... im sure i would have heard alot about if there was one... but i'll ask..

and i guess zimb has been picking it up... i still miss the layout of the old thread though :( but that's ok.... like i said, i appreciate what they do... and i try and thank them as much as i can

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
well, im pretty computer literate, but im not familiar with hubs... heard alot about it though... thing is, on campus bittorrent as well as limewire, basically all file-sharing programs, are blocked.. im sure someone has found a way to get around it but...

i may be wrong but wouldnt i have to be "in" with the kids that do this type of stuff? kinda like a clique? i dunno... im sure i would have heard alot about if there was one... but i'll ask..

and i guess zimb has been picking it up... i still miss the layout of the old thread though :( but that's ok.... like i said, i appreciate what they do... and i try and thank them as much as i can
I don't know, here it's general knowledge. Ask around. DC++, the program, isn't blocked while Limewire and other file-sharing programs are.

now does it work like torrents do in the sense that dc++ is the client (obvious) and then there are hub sites, analogous to sites like piratebay, mininova, etc. and you just dl from there??

how is it different from torrents?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
now does it work like torrents do in the sense that dc++ is the client (obvious) and then there are hub sites, analogous to sites like piratebay, mininova, etc. and you just dl from there??

how is it different from torrents?
DC++ is the client and there are public and private channels. It's like IRC. You see a list of users and you can request for stuff, you can look at their files, and also search. Then, there are private ones. Mine used to be "memos.gotdns.org" or something like that.A private one for my uni is on the same network as our internet network. So, what that means is, I get to download at about 10mb/per second or so. A movie in 5 minutes, etc.

I think it's the same with torrentz in the sense that you sometimes download from multiple users...I'm not sure though.

...10mb a sec? this was using the school's T-something connection right?? im off campus and got shitty wireless in my apartment... but hey, not complaining... 2 hours for a movie is fine too... usually i get a movie in about 5... class and back and it's done... so..

aight i'll ask around...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.