Suge Knight To Be Included In Notorious B.I.G. Wrongful Death Suit

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
The long running wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Los Angeles filed by the family of the late Notorious B.I.G. is expected to be amended soon, in which several other defendants will be included. One name stands out: Suge Knight.

According to the Associated Press, U.S. District Court Judge Florence-Marie Cooper ruled Friday (November 16) the lawsuit may be amended because of newly discovered evidence. Aside from Knight, former police officer Rafael Perez and other current and former members of the Los Angeles Police Department may also be included as defendants.

The family of the Notorious B.I.G. (real name: Christopher Wallace) filed the suit seeking damages from the city for allegedly covering up evidence which would have led to the arrests of the rapper's killers. They accuse the Los Angeles Police Department, and specifically Perez' former patrol partner, David Mack, of responsibility for Wallace's death.

Mack and Perez have been long rumored to be the men behind B.I.G.'s death, working as freelancers for Suge Knight. Both men, as well as Knight, have long denied any involvement in the killing.

New evidence shows that Perez was on duty the night of B.I.G.'s slaying and may have been at the scene. It also supports the addition of Knight and Wright into the suit.

Thomas Reichert, an attorney for the city, said the new evidence was "old wine, new bottles." Knight's attorneys Laurence Strick and Daniel J. McCarthy could not be reached for comment.

The Notorious B.I.G. was just 24 when he was gunned down in March of 1997. He was attending a music industry party at Los Angeles' Petersen Automotive Museum, when he was shot in the passenger seat of an SUV while leaving.

His murder remains unsolved.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.