Streets Disciple vs Urban Legend

ARon

jflballer said:
Street's Disciple is a concept album...it's like a work of art. You have to listen to it all the way through. The production on it is a little throwback, but the quality of the production is amazing. Fuck, I'd buy Street's Disciple just for "Just A Moment." That song is fuckin unreal. Nas has obviously matured in the past few years, so you're not gonna wanna listen to this if you are strictly into radio (pop) rap.

Urban Legend is loaded w/possible singles, catchy hooks, and guest appearances. Personally, T.I. is overrated. His flow is cool and all, production is dope, but he's just not as multi-dimensional as Nas. This album was thrown together to move units. But if you appreciate catchy songs more than a conceptual album, you'll like Urban Legend.

Bottom Line: Street's Disciple is a work of art; Urban Legend is a hit-or-miss list of catchy songs. Buy Street's Disciple.
Very well said.

i liked urban legend but i think that street disciple was a great album, i dont feel that it was as good as his last 2 albums but there are some tracks that are incredible, "making of a perfect bitch", "just a moment", "suicide bounce", "message 2 the feds"........etc...

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
i would think street disciple is more overrated than t.i.'s. 'work of art' come on..
only thing with t.i. is his singles are more hyped and shit

for the albums for me its Urban legend.

7 Syns

They are two different albums with nothing in common, saying that I liked both and bump both regularly.

urban legend has some extremely nice production and T.I. shines all over it. Minus that Pharrell track which is garbage I thought it was a solid 4/5 record.

street's disciple was hot because I thoroughly enjoyed the throwback feel that it had. If it was done purposely or not isn't relevant, Nas came with his usual post-95 self. 4/5 record aswell.

peace.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
s.d is the definition of hiphop but that doesnt mean its a overall better album.And 4 the life of me how can anyone say t.i is not multi-dimensional.That goes to show you dont listen to his shit damn near every somg on his album has a different concept and is formatted riight.This nigga is dishing out street anthem after street anthem, after street anthem, after street anthem,thats not radio freindly at all.He changes the curse words and there you have it a non radio freindly edited hit.It almost reminisent of how it was in the middle and early 90s.

VENOMOUS said:
s.d is the definition of hiphop but that doesnt mean its a overall better album.And 4 the life of me how can anyone say t.i is not multi-dimensional.That goes to show you dont listen to his shit damn near every somg on his album has a different concept and is formatted riight.This nigga is dishing out street anthem after street anthem, after street anthem, after street anthem,thats not radio freindly at all.He changes the curse words and there you have it a non radio freindly edited hit.It almost reminisent of how it was in the middle and early 90s.

my point exactly.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.