streethop going down hill!

Jurhum

what's up with the pop ups Ruka? I have pop up blocker but some don't get blocked.. why you starting to implement pop ups on this site?

Jeremy

I don't agree that its going downhill but pop-ups do suck and I noticed some don't get blocked. I was asking in the shoutbox earlier if anyone else was getting pop-ups, I thought it was some spyware. lol. This should prolly be in Letter 2 prez.

this shit is expensive to run, it cost time and money for a lot of people, myself unincluded, you enjoy it for free so shut up, click the little x in the corner, and appreciate that the board can stay alive by means of things like pop ups and google ads.

one love
a

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Im not sure if the pop ups will stay, we'll see how it goes, I dont want to have them, it may be a case that when I run low on funds for the server Ill put em in for a few days, then take them down, that type of deal.

Either way, working on a way so VIPs dont get them.

an internet ad could never cost one dollar to click per IP.
i used to work at an office that had a lot of program coders and they developed a program that they secretly used to click their own google ads for self-run sites (not company site), like 2 or 3 times a second, switching 'proxies' everytime an ad is clicked. this way a diff. IP is registered for every click so it will pay for each click. sure its not that much money and in proxy lists of 1000 only 600 work, but thats 600 cents/ $6 per day. that alone can pay for hosting (maybe not this site...)

actually i will ask them about it rukas (they give me my software products that i dont want to buy like office etc), and if you want to know more i can give you some info. :)
or if u wanna play it legit, we can forget it. either way's cool

btw, i click the google ads everytime i log on!

if you all dont want popups then donate buy shit from the shop click a google ad

but if your a cheap bastard who just wants to use the site and pay nothing then expect lots of ads and popups cause as a site grows so does the server bill

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.