StreetHop.com Catches up with Meech Wells; brings you Tha Takeover

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Meech Wells is the son of Motown legend Mary Wells and has worked with a huge amount of West Coast stars, including being Snoop Dogg's producer of choice during the late 90s and early 2000s.

The two worked together as a potent duo, beginning with "Still a G Thang," one of the better songs on Snoop's Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told. Wells produced a few No Limit songs featuring Snoop, Tru's "It's a Beautiful Thang," Silkk the Shocker's "Get It Up" before playing a major role in bringing a West Coast sound to Snoop's Top Dogg album in 1999: "In Love With a Thug," "Better Days," "Gangsta Ride," among others. In 2000 he reprised his role as one of Snoop's producers of choice, producing tracks for Tha Eastsidaz' self-titled debut and Doggy's Angels' Pleezbalevit, as well as Snoop's own Tha Last Meal ("Go Away," "Issues").

Recently StreetHop.com caught up with Meech Wells to discuss his career and current projects. The interview will be posted up soon, but for now we will provide you with some information on his most current project; Young Joker's Tha Takeover.

Tha Takeover features appearances from Jamie Foxx, Game, Freeway, Kool G Rap, Spider Loc and EDI from Tha Outlawz. Hosted by DJ Warrior from The Cali Untouchables, and mixed and produced by Meech Wells, Tha Takeover is the mixtape from Justo Mioxtape awards Best Mixtape Artist nominee, Young Joker.

Young Joker is sure to be a name you will be hearing more from in 2007. With at least four label deals on the table, and a DJ Skee hosted mixtape entitled, MAYHAM coming.

StreetHop.com have brought to it's visitors some exclusive tracks, check them out below.

Young Joker - "Get Ya Cake" Featuring Snoop Dogg

Young Joker - "Tha Takeover"

Young Joker - "War is War"

GuRu

"I'm tomorrow, you're yesterday so put your little vest away".

Nice, raw voice and good lyrics too.

I like the brass instrument in "War is War".

Big up.

Who am I to judge his creationz.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.