Street Struck - The Big L Story

Casey

Staff member
Man....I can't wait for this. I'm sure I'm one of the only dudes my age that can say they were listening to Big L before he passed. Shit I remember Ebonics coming out not too long before he was killed.

Crazy thing is "Street Struck" was always my favorite Big L joint so it's cool that they named the documentary that, and showcased "Devil's Son" in the trailer which is another dope cut and one of L's earliest joints.

His freestyles are where it's at though. I remember playing the 7 minute freestyle with Big L and Jay-Z over and over and over again back in the day. I remember reciting the lyrics to "Put It On" at school cos I was telling people how ill L was and didn't have any of his music on me at the time.

This documentary I think will do a great job of capturing what L was about. The trailer has already got me mega amped. I hope to hear more from Premier, Herb McGruff, Stan Spit, DITC, and it would be nice to hear from Cam'ron and Ma$e as well since they were all part of the Children Of The Corn crew.

dude was DOPE AS FUCK.....
dunno much about him personally, so I guess this will shed some light....
all i know is he would lyrically murk 98% of guys out now....

TheCat

i much prefer an insight documentary on the mans life then some made for TV movie. am glad to learn more about this artist. did not know much about him apart from he was a killer punchline machine.

THEV1LL4N

good to see all these biopics/documentaries about these true hip-hop legends actually see the light of day.

pac, big, big l. we can sure expect a big pun, jam master jay, and maybe more.

an aaliyah and missy elliott biopic is in production. i'd also like to see one of proof and everything he did from all those shows etc at the hip hop shop when they were younger.

i think there was talk of a dr dre or eazy-e one, too.

cant wait.

kastro

i always heard of big l was pretty mean from people, but i only heard couple of his songs and dont really know much apart him from that he was a great lyricalist and was shot, this should share alot lights on his life, deff will give this a watch

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.