sticky fingaz - kirk jones

is it just me, or is this album fucking amazing? like 5-6 classic tracks? i mean, how was decade so bad after this?

- money (f raekwon)
- whatchu want
- state vs kirk jones
- i'm not dyin
- lickin off hip hop

been bumping this shit a lot lately

linx

Staff member
I loved this album when I first got it. That was back when it dropped, I was playing it non-stop. I still think it's a dope album, very dope. I gotta wonder though, how you leave off the best track.. My Dogz Iz My Gunz.

I liked it at the time, especially "Money Talks" and some other song toward the end of the album that I can't remember, but I haven't listened to it in a few years now. Certainly the best thing anyone from that group has released (post-Onyx), but that would be expected since I assume most people would FF through Fredro's and Sonny's verses to get to Sticky's, or am I the only one who did that?

(In the end I just made a mix CD of all of his verses cut from the Onyx songs so I didn't have to wear out my FF button.)

Casey

Staff member
Loved this album as well as Fredro's "Firestarr". Both dope, shame the follow ups Sticky's "Decade" and Fredro's "Dont Get Mad Get Money" both sucked.

Yea its a great album.. I remember when I bought it I always bumped "My Dogs Is My Guns" and the courtroom song with Rah-Digga and Canibus...

Militant said:
Loved this album as well as Fredro's "Firestarr". Both dope, shame the follow ups Sticky's "Decade" and Fredro's "Dont Get Mad Get Money" both sucked.
Firestarr is probaly in my top 10 albums of all time.. Definately slept on.. So many good songs on that and the beats were great.. The Outlawz song and Dying For Rap (plus the remix w/CNN, Cuban Link, and Young Noble)) were the shit!! Too bad his album after that and the last Onyx album were BS..

Every time I start listening this album I discover something new. It's so inspirational to me. I just hope that Sticky Fingaz will release something comparable to this some day. Classic indeed.

the whole album is like a movie too, that's the idea at least. very good, and very slept on. good to hear i'm not the only one who loves this album.

Casey

Staff member
Fataldawg said:
Yea its a great album.. I remember when I bought it I always bumped "My Dogs Is My Guns" and the courtroom song with Rah-Digga and Canibus...

Firestarr is probaly in my top 10 albums of all time.. Definately slept on.. So many good songs on that and the beats were great.. The Outlawz song and Dying For Rap (plus the remix w/CNN, Cuban Link, and Young Noble)) were the shit!! Too bad his album after that and the last Onyx album were BS..
Yes!!! Ive been saying this for a while! Firestarr is a fucking dope album , Dyin 4 Rap + the remix, Thug Warz, What If.... so many dope trax.

Yup yup! talk about creativity and concepts! slept on album by alot of people. But if you introduce it to any of your friends, they'll agree and be like 'where was I when this dropped!?'

i was really surprised this album didn't get more publicity, because every song on it is good imo.

I wonder why sticky is never mentioned when talks about the best rappers come about..his word play is amazing.

7 Syns

This album was Sticky's masterpiece, even though I don't doubt that he could make another album just as good. He most likely won't.

peace.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Great album, there is hardly any fillers on the album, My Dogs is my Guns is dope, But i really like Sister I'm Sorry and Baby Brother.

Fredro's Firestarr album was good, but not on par with Stickys album.

Their follow ups sucked though.

Definately a great album... I got it after I heard Sticky on Remember Me? from the MMLP. I fucking love his verse on there, it's one of the best verses I ever heard, he totally outshines Em and RBX on that one

Can-I-Bus said:
Yup yup! talk about creativity and concepts! slept on album by alot of people. But if you introduce it to any of your friends, they'll agree and be like 'where was I when this dropped!?'
What's so creative about the concept of this album?

Shot 21

Base_D said:
Definately a great album... I got it after I heard Sticky on Remember Me? from the MMLP. I fucking love his verse on there, it's one of the best verses I ever heard, he totally outshines Em and RBX on that one
Gotta agree with you there man. He murders that track! I may have to get this album myself.

Lil KaMiKaZe said:
listen to it and you will see
It's not an original concept.

Prince Paul did it better the first time round and Cunninlynguists have done better this year.

If this album were a book report I'd write "try harder" in marker pen all over the cover insert.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.