Statik Selektah - Population Control

THEV1LL4N

i decided not to even listen to the leaks. just thought i'd get the whole thing when it drops. note: i did download one leak though, but havent listened to it yet.

edit: did the same with cats & dogs.

masta247

Staff member
New video:

I don't know, I just can't get into Statik's beats. They evoke no emotion in me.
I think they are often very simple and neutral (which might make you feel that way) but bumpable - I feel like I could listen to them anywhere: at home, on my phone, car without feeling silly.

Sofi, do you know these Statik beats? From the top of my head but they make me feel a certain way.

The first one makes me feel good, melancholic; the latter is like "gtfo bitch I'm awesome".

I also feel like this new one is very emotional too:

The only problem that I sometimes see with his beats is that they're pretty repetitive, and sometimes featured rappers talk shit.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
get out the way is dope.

I don't have that thing where a certain song is for a certain setting or whatever. The songs I listen to at home I would listen to on the phone on the bus or in my car at loud levels. There are songs that fit certain moods, yes, but not settings. Also, I don't feel silly listening to any rap. That's like dating a girl and being afraid to be seen with her. You have to get comfortable with your music tastes. That might be hard in countries with backward thinking on rap, like how the US as recently as mid-2000s when listening to rap meant being a wigger. We've moved on here.

Preach

This is tight as hell. I don't like listening to producer albums from beginning to end because they end up sounding very similar from track to track. Never A Dull Moment is constantly in my rotation right now.

masta247

Staff member
I love Statik's albums, they are guaranteed to have a track or two that I will absolutely love. This time it's "Never a Dull Moment". I constantly listen to that. The song feels special, the beat is amazing and Action Bronson is ripping it. I didn't even know that guy before, but some of his lines are great, and the way he delivers these is perfect:

"Mix it up in a blender there's no contender
The drug stick I smoke is never slender
Like Jimi with the Fender hit the wah-wah pedal
But in the Beamer doin' donuts parkin' lot of the arena, Bronsolinio

You see us shine, never a dull moment
Cause we some Dons like Hathaway, until we pass away
Laid in the earth with my mink and my drink
Good smoke with some linen shorts, baby what you think? huh"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.