Stars line up for DJ Hi-Tek sequel

DJ Hi-Tek, the man behind the highly acclaimed and entirely self-produced 2001 album, Hi-Teknology, is releasing a follow up this October and is not hard pressed to find talent to work with.

His first album was released on the now defunct Rawkus Records; the follow up will be released through Babygrande and is confirmed to feature Snoop Dogg, Nas, the Game, Ghostface Killah, Common, Busta Rhymes, Talib Kweli, Raekwon, Slim Thug, Q-Tip, Bun B and others.

"Hi-Tek is respected as an MC and Producer by both the commercial and underground communities and Babygrande has that same respect as a label," said Chuck Wilson of Babygrande.

Since Hi-Teknology the rapper and producer has been in high demand to drop beats for big name projects such as the albums of Common, Talib Kweli, Snoop, Game and Busta Rhymes.

DJ Hi-Tek got his first break in 1997 and produced nearly all tracks on Mos Def & Talib Kweli’s collaborations as Black Star, as well as the Reflection Eternal album.

Hi-Teknology 2 is due October 10th.

I want to hear the Ghost spit some poetic over a smooth Tek beat......shit his beat of the Massacre (Ryda Music) was my fav. off the entire LP.

^ That'd be pretty dope man, I have to agree with you.

And damn, it seems like Babygrande is becoming the new Rawkus - they've got Canibus, JMT, and Hi-Tek among a long list of other underground heavyweights. Hopefully they don't fold up like the aforementioned though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.