Spike Lee speaks on hip-hop again

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
After recently criticizing Snoop Dogg and the promotion of the Pimp culture in hip-hop, Spike Lee has singled out two more members of the rap community for some of his wisdom.

Irv Gotti and 50 Cent are now on the receiving end, for the promotion of violence in their music, and that of their artists.

"I love hip-hop," Lee told Complex magazine. "But there are certain elements that are just [problematic]. You name your company Murder Incorporated, your logo's got bullet holes in it, you changed your name to Gotti, and you wonder why your ass is in court? I mean, come on. You want to be a gangster? Alright, well gangsters go to jail; gangsters get shot. I mean, look, 50 Cent has made a lot of money, but whatever you are doing that makes you have to put a bulletproof vest on your 5-year-old son, that's time for some deep introspective shit."

Spike didn't stop there. The outspoken director also bashed Cutis Jackson's motion picture debut, Get Rich or Die Trying, and his video game, commenting that they corrupt impressionable kids.

"That whole mantra-'Get Rich or Die Tryin'-for me that's criminal," Lee explained. "Because young brothers, they took that to heart: 'Whatever I got to do to get them rims, get my fly gear, to get my bitches and hoes, I'm going to do it. Fuck who I got to hurt, who I got to shoot, who I got to kill.' That's crazy to me. And his video game, Bulletproof? I'm sorry, I can't get with that."

Pick up a copy of the magazine at your local news stand.

Spike lee does make valid points and i understand were he is coming from. Youth these days are very easily influenced especially if they dont show a bad out come.

but remember freedom of speech

eh.. bullshit.. hes just hating.. 50 isnt the only one who promotes the message of 'by any means necessary'.. its the american way.. as for irv.. well.. haha i might have to agree with him on that

ARon

"I mean, look, 50 Cent has made a lot of money, but whatever you are doing that makes you have to put a bulletproof vest on your 5-year-old son, that's time for some deep introspective shit."
Quote of the year.

Aristotle said:
"I mean, look, 50 Cent has made a lot of money, but whatever you are doing that makes you have to put a bulletproof vest on your 5-year-old son, that's time for some deep introspective shit."
Quote of the year.

i agree with spike, its all going 2 far now. time for sum ppl 2 grow up

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.