Spamware

Duke

Staff member
I had to spend 2 minutes trying to convince this terribly annoying pop up carnival that I do not want their bullshit installed. It kept popping up no matter how fast I clicked it away.

It's quite annoying with the constant barrage of pop up windows and demands that you install this or that.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
IE is hands down the worst browser available for windoze. not just in FX but on most of the net IE will allow the background install of registry items. it's best to use third party browsers as they prevent this.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Use Firefox
yea thats what i use and i never have that problem.. although sometimes i get directed to the myspace error screen in the dl section and fair exchange which is kinda weird.

Preach

i used to have this problem too, and i used mozilla.

it is possible that something got downloaded before i started using mozilla, and then when i switched, whatever was installed on my computer that caused these installation popups also worked with mozilla.

the funny part is i run adware, spybot and virus scans at least once a week.

Preach said:
i used to have this problem too, and i used mozilla.

it is possible that something got downloaded before i started using mozilla, and then when i switched, whatever was installed on my computer that caused these installation popups also worked with mozilla.

the funny part is i run adware, spybot and virus scans at least once a week.
I use Mozilla too and have been using it forever, and that problem just occured like last week and never happened again. I too do regular adware/virus scans.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.