Sony Music executives blocking Lil' Romeo?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Hip-hop mogul Master P says that Sony Music executives are trying to keep Romeo's "U Can't Shine Like Me" from getting played on radio.

The song which responds to Bow Wow's "Fresh Azimiz" began playing on Los Angeles radio station KKBT in February.In the song, Romeo, Master P's son, says he could take Bow Wow's "chick," and the video features a woman resembling Ciara, the pop star Bow Wow dated until recently. Since the video debuted two weeks ago, it has streamed more than 700,000 times on Yahoo! Music. Despite the interest from fans across the nation, Master P says the song has failed to receive any support in Atlanta, Bow Wow’s hometown.

"Usually, if you get played in Hollywood, the world will follow," Master P says. "Every station that played the Bow Wow song should have at least tested the record once or twice. How can Sony Music executives call radio stations and tell them not to play the Romeo record?"

At press time, representatives for Sony Music declined to comment on the matter.

Airplay monitoring charts show that only three stations in the U.S. have added the song to rotation—KKBT, WQUE in New Orleans, and WEMX in Baton Rogue. Romeo is from New Orleans.

Master P finds the lack of radio support odd. "Notice with a song being so hot on the street and in the news it still hasn’t been added to BET or on the 106 & Park countdown yet," Master P says. "I wonder why? Sony Music machines can't stop Master P and Lil’ Romeo." BET first aired the video on April 20.

Master P and Romeo do not have personal beef with Bow Wow. "We got love for the little dude," Master P says. "He just doesn't know when to shut his mouth. His arrogance and cockiness are turning fans and their parents off."

Master P cites as examples Bow Wow's recent exchange via press with Will Smith, and rumored squabbling with R&B singer Omarion.

The lack of radio support does not deter Master P. "You might not be hearing us on the radio, but we will reach millions of fans nationally and internationally through the high tech new internet radio and video companies," Master P says. "Gutta Music street teams will be hitting malls, clubs, DJs, and the streets."

Romeo's God's Son album is slated for an August 22 release with or without major label distribution, even if that means that Master P will have to deliver the record to retailers himself, including Wal-Mart, Target, Circuit City, and Best Buy.

"If the video's not on TV soon," Master P says, "I'm starting my own radio, internet and video television network. We do this for the fans." Master P wants his fans to help name is new company by posting their suggestions on guttarmusic.com. Master P is also developing his own multi-media network, and is preparing to release a book, How To Be Successful And Still Be Yourself. Romeo is working on a movie entitled Homeboys which will be released in the fall.

May b Master P should steer clear off any likely beefs between his son and Shad but then, Bow wow is getting support from Jermaine.

18 nigga makin' more than yo dad (see)

I know he wasn't talking to Romeo there but I think he was here:

Difference between you and me is you b bricklin'
And I ain’t never ever done that before (no)

FroDawgg

in this head of mine, i like to believe he is getting no airplay cuz he sucks (in that case, i shouldn't being hearing bow wow either). and his CD is going to be called God's Son? pretty bold mood using the same title as one of the greatest MCs to walk the earth.

hows he gunna call his album gods son when that was nas's album and nas has a tat of gods son on his belly. thats juss asking for people not to buy his album for being a biter. wounder what nas will think of this.

ArtsyGirl

Master P should just stay outta this, he's making his son look worse for goin to battle for him like Romeo cant fight his own battles. And :laugh: @ God's Son, c'mon lil man dont try that.

Simpli said:
May b Master P should steer clear off any likely beefs between his son and Shad but then, Bow wow is getting support from Jermaine.

18 nigga makin' more than yo dad (see)

I know he wasn't talking to Romeo there but I think he was here:

Difference between you and me is you b bricklin'
And I ain’t never ever done that before (no)
you mean "brick-laying"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.