Sonically *beats* a classic, lyrically *rhymes* a let down? = Doctor's Advocate.

7 Syns

I've had The Doctor's Advocate now for 8 hours, listening to it non-stop. The first couple of times, I was kinda amazed. It sounded hot to def, however as I re-listened to it again and again something hit me. Sonically it's amazing, the beats are great but the rhymes in general are a massive let down. Game as an artist didn't progress or show any growth. His content was borderline trash minus a few songs.

I liked his delivery, energy and flow. I enjoyed the way the songs were put together, but the lyrics are almost horrible. It's a shame. He'll sell though and 99% of fans will say "whatever 7" and love this album to def. But before anyone calls it a classic answer me, is Game's rhymes on-par with that title? Take away the beats and this would be the worst acapella cd. Lol. But it isn't that. It's actually a good album.

peace.

7 Syns

What I guess im trying to say is when I hear this album I have that "Hey ive heard this before" feeling. Even tho it's new.

No hate, just expressing. I still rate it 4/5.

peace.

One thing that I find funny is that for an LP that supposedly doesn't have any Dr. Dre involvement, the title mentions Dre, all Game ever talks about is Dre and about half the beats are heavily influenced by Dre's trademark sound (including Just Blaze's unapologetic jack of "Puppet Master")... As you said, the overall production is nearly flawless.

He gets deep on a few tracks, but as far as lyrically, his rhyme patterns are sick and he kicks enough multis. I disagree that an acapella of this album would be garbage. It's not a Black Album or Street's Disciple lyrically, true. But I heard a dirty remix of One Blood over a different beat and it sounded hot as hell just cuz u could hear parts of the verse u couldnt cuz of all the "blood blood" dying jamaica man noise in the LP version.. He just sounds ill.

I'm copping this CD the day it comes out. After hearing "One Night" I honestly felt bad for Game. Plus dude has a son to support.

In my opinion, he really has it down as far as constructing and delivering verses as well as choruses. He takes it seriously and it shows that he's been working hard. He's not going to hit the same mark he hit with his last album commercially, but he's gonna be one of the top sellers this year and I think he deserves it.

valid points but when you compare lyrics, content ect. to the doc or even if you have heard all of games stuff in order this album has prob his best lyrics and to be fair this is only his second album. hopfully game gets back in the studio and keeps laying down tracks cos that is the only way he will get better and if he keeps that hunger to better himself he will.
peace.

I would like to add. I think this album is by far beswt of the year and jayz snoop nas and any1 else who has an album dropping soon better have a good one

ARon

I don't agree. Merely for the fact that I do not listen to Game for that. I like the fact he calls people out and says what he wants type of stuff. I like his flow, his voice, his delivery, just the overall feel of the album is good to me. So were the lyrics a let down, no, could he lyrically be better, yeah.

_carmi

me, myself & us
i am listening to it currently. after reading tiago's pst before downloading i was like damn i'm gonna be disappointed. but no i'm not. great album. album is living up to its expectations. of course it isn't lyrical content as good as nas like someone said, but i wasn't expecting that from the game anyways. with what he released in his mixtapes and now this album, i can say that he def improved as an artist and that he isnt disappointing.

but tiago i feel what you say about the already heard before feeling. yeah there's a little bit of this, but i still like it. great album. with all the confidence he had in the past few weeks, its good to see that he is living up to his confidence.

PuffnScruff

when has the game ever really been known for his lyrics? i mean he isnt all that great as a lyricist but he isnt bad either. i think im going to agree with what aristotle said on this one. but yea sonically the beats are great

lol...your not giving him time to grow as an artist...you forget its a SOPHOMORE album...i say give him another year and a half and the dude will be elevated and his lyrics will be sick...cuz right now Game doesnt kno who he is...i mean he left dre/beefing/all this distractions....

xxx

i agree with some of these posts. Love his flow, but wish he would "say" a little more...

I mean, one song he has a line about his brother getting shot the night... because Game stole his brother's gun earlier that day...

he coulda wrote a 10 minute long track on just that concept alone... but he didnt.

Still surprised how good the cd is though...

shinehigh

Shine High 4 Life
I think this album is classic and over is last ... I can't stop playing it ... you can call me a dick rider but last night I stayed up a little longer just to get another listen of the album ... I am hooked

P.U.

Krazy187 said:
and about half the beats are heavily influenced by Dre's trademark sound (including Just Blaze's unapologetic jack of "Puppet Master")
Yeah, even though Puppet Master was produced by DJ Muggs :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.