Songs that made Rappers famous

Dr. Dre ft. Snoop - Deep Cover....Snoop's entry to the Rap world
Juvenile - Back That Azz Up....the song that made 400 Degreez go 4x platinum
B.G. - Bling Bling.....spawned his career and also a phrase that should be now restricted by usage from anyone lol
Mike Jones - Still Tippin'
Jadakiss - Why?....this got him so much airplay, and exposed him to new listeners
Twista - Slow Jamz
Eminem - My Name Is

Lil' Wayne - Tha Block Is Hot
Xzibit - Year 2000 (Paparazzi/What U See Is What U Get weren't really mainstream hits)
Jay-Z - Can I Get A... (older singles like Ain't No Nigga and Always Be My Sunshine weren't big, but Jay-Z blew the fuck up after this song, plus it kind of helped launch Ja Rule's career)
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - 1st of tha Month (Thuggish Ruggish Bone and Foe tha Love of $ were popular, but they weren't BIG yet)

roaches

I hope this thread becomes very popular. It'll make it easier to weed out the new jacks.

The only correction I'm willing to make at this point is that Twista blew up based on "Po Pimpin" way before Kanye West started doing him favors.

Rock

roaches said:
I hope this thread becomes very popular. It'll make it easier to weed out the new jacks.

The only correction I'm willing to make at this point is that Twista blew up based on "Po Pimpin" way before Kanye West started doing him favors.
damn right with Do Or Die :thumb:

roaches said:
That is true, to an extent. Even though a lot of us have been fans of a lot of these rappers since the beginning of their careers, the question at hand is which song made them FAMOUS. Fame might be subjective, some people might think it's when you get popular, others might feel that it's when you are all over MTV and shit, that is why on my posts I tried to explain things as best as I could.

TheCat

Getto Boys - My mind's playing tricks on me

Naughty by Nature - OPP

Slick Rick - Childrens Story

The Roots - You got me

LL Cool J - My radio

Mobb Deep - Shook ones

Coo Coo Cal - My Projects

Eric B n Rakim - Paid in Full

Wu Tang Clan - Protect ya neck / Gravel pit although did bring more young listeners.

roaches

Eric B & Rakim - "Eric B Is President" was their breakout joint. The Coldcut remix of "Paid in Full" was also popular.

"CREAM" was/is/will always be the definitive Wu single.

I'm starting to get disturbed.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Lil' Wayne - Tha Block Is Hot
Xzibit - Year 2000 (Paparazzi/What U See Is What U Get weren't really mainstream hits)
Jay-Z - Can I Get A... (older singles like Ain't No Nigga and Always Be My Sunshine weren't big, but Jay-Z blew the fuck up after this song, plus it kind of helped launch Ja Rule's career)Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - 1st of tha Month (Thuggish Ruggish Bone and Foe tha Love of $ were popular, but they weren't BIG yet)
hard knock life.

Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) ~Jay-Z
Northwestside (Audio CD) - June 8, 1998

Can I Get a ~Jay Z
Unknown Label (Audio CD) - April 20, 1999

amazon.

PDT

Black Moon-"Who Got Da Props?" and "I Got Cha Opin [Remix]"
Smif-N-Wessun "Bucktown"
Heltah Skeltah & O.G.C. "Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka"
Method Man "Method Man"
Scarface "Smile" [Was pretty well known before, but this song put his album at #1 spot on Billboard]
Gang Starr "Manifest", "Just To Get A Rep"

to the thread starter, BIG was famous from the song JUICY...and 50cent was from WANKSTA......get it right dude.
NAS- if i rule the world
styles p - i get high
shyne - badboy

jerzeymobfan said:
to the thread starter, BIG was famous from the song JUICY...and 50cent was from WANKSTA......get it right dude.
NAS- if i rule the world
styles p - i get high
shyne - badboy
50 cent got local success with wanksta, it didnt receive much worldwide play.

in da club was his first smash hit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.