Son of Rev. Run prepares rap album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Following in his father Rev. Run’s footsteps, Joseph Simmons Jr. is ready to launch a hip hop career as a member of rap trio Team Blackout.

"I'm trying to bring hip hop back," JoJo said. "I feel like hip hop is a bunch of just dance moves."

The 16-year-old, who rhymes under the name Make It Happen, says he met his group members – Conscious from Queens, NYC and LP from Hempstead, Long Island – while in the 7th and 9th grade.

Born Joseph Simmons Jr., JoJo says he’s trying to break free from the long shadow cast by his famous father, who rose to fame as a member of seminal rap group Run DMC. But the youngster admits that he’s learned valuable information from watching his dad operate.

"I was on tour with my dad. In London before performing with my dad, signing autographs," JoJo says of the fame he achieved after two seasons on MTV's hit series, Run's House. "So I'm use to it. I'm ready to show what I got."

Team Blackout is currently in the studio and has about seven or eight tracks completed.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.