Something Different: LITTLE BROTHER official thread !!!

dope ass group with a big future, each has put out a solo efferot, as well as one group album and one group mixtape and 9th wonder is really getting respect in the industry, his producing some big ass singles but still keeps it real and does the complete production on many underground cds

Farzin

Thanks, i have only heard phonte on the Murs album and his verse was pretty good and the proudction by 9th wonder were pretty decent. I'll check the tracks out and leave more comments.

Thanks

roaches

"Ain't Nobody", the new joint, is dope. Phonte absolutely rips it.

I'm hoping the new album has some higher-BPM shit, I'm tired of only listening to Little Brother while I'm cleaning.

linx

Staff member
A Little Brother thread, woooot!!! On some real shit, i've became a big Little Brother fan over the past few years. Everything they have done is dope as hell imo. Whether it be their debut album "The Listening" or Foreign Exchange's "Connected, Big Pooh's "Sleepers" or their "Chitlin Circuit Mixtape. Anything! I would recommend them to anyone who likes laid back really chill type music. It's definitely not for everyone though and it might have to kind of grow on some people though. One of my favorite, if not my favorite group though. :thumb:

Producer
9th Wonder is stale, boring and about as versityle as a pencil sharpener.

Performers
Phonte is very nice on the mic. His rhymes are alway on point and straight forward and his devilery is smooth. I prefered his work with Nicolay.
Big Pooh... Blah.

linx

Staff member
Whoa Bill G, quit tripping. Maybe Little Brother just isn't for you or something, but damn. Saying that about 9th? Yeah, Phonte is a dope rapper and Big Pooh is only average, but as a group they are just dope. Not to mention their solo efforts were great too.

LinX` said:
Whoa Bill G, quit tripping. Maybe Little Brother just isn't for you or something, but damn. Saying that about 9th? Yeah, Phonte is a dope rapper and Big Pooh is only average, but as a group they are just dope. Not to mention their solo efforts were great too.
Obviously Little Brother isn't for me. How long did it take you to come to that conclusion?

9th's beats are flat and rarely jaw dropping (has a few, but even Eminem has some to his name). His style is hardly original either.

linx

Staff member
Just because it's not what you get into doesn't mean it's "hardly original" or "flat and rarely jaw dropping". Come on now. And you don't have to be a smart ass either.

LinX` said:
Just because it's not what you get into doesn't mean it's "hardly original" or "flat and rarely jaw dropping". Come on now. And you don't have to be a smart ass either.
There was no need for a kid to insult my tastes either. Live with it.

Just because it's what you like there is no reason to say it's the opposite of what I'm saying. Understand? I expressed an opinion. If you 9th Wonder fans wanted this to be a "We Like 9th Wonder & Aren't Interested In Discussion Which May Present Opinions Otherwise" thread you should've said.

roaches

Let's be honest, as dope as I think they are, Little Brother aren't exactly the most original group out there. Their original appeal lay in the fact that they had a throwback vibe.

Hm...to be honest I don't give a fuck if they are original or not...I mean if they remixed half of jay-z's songs and wrote every verse different I wouldn't care...I start to care the moment they start making bad music and I don't think they have done that yet..every rapper every group can fall off...but I still enjoy their music...so its cool..since I think like that I don't give a fuck if you like 50 cent if you think his music sounds good you should say it..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.