15. My Adidas – Run D.M.C.
16. Paid in Full - Eric B. & Rakim
17. Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang
18. Breaks - Kurtis Blow
19. Message - Grandmaster Flash
20. Vapors - Biz Markie
21. Wild Wild West - Kool Moe Dee
22. You Be Illin' - Run-D.M.C.

I'll post this twice and if some people can give me some more old school tracks I'll try to download them and then post them on this board.

Just wondering when is it that someone starts to be thought of as a 'hip-hop head'?

I mean, I have all those songs, & a whole shitload of other old school songs, as well as all the recognized classics & a bunch of other albums & songs that I like.

Not that I consider myself a 'head' but I see people on this board (no names) who don't appear to know anything about hip-hop history or rap music & it's historical events & figures.

Just wondering....

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Not that I consider myself a 'head' but I see people on this board (no names) who don't appear to know anything about hip-hop history or rap music & it's historical events & figures.
QUOTE]

That's why I want to post some of these tracks. Some people start threads on rappers that bite other rappers (Jay-Z for example). When in fact if you listen to a wide a variety of rap today and then go back and listen to some one like KRS-One you realize that it a pretty common place thing.

notoriouschris2 said:
Code:
http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0JC04DVVH27VQ24ZOMZA2N2E2J
1. 911 is a Joke - Public Enemy
2. Ain't No Half Steppin' - Big Daddy Kane
3. Bitch Better Have My Money - Easy E, AMD, and DJ Quik
4. Bust a Move - Young MC
5. Children's Story - Slick Rick
6. Don’t Believe the Hype – Public Enemy
7. Freaks Come out at Night – Whodini
8. Funky Beat – Whodini
9. It's Like That – Run D.M.C.
10. Just a Friend – Biz Markie
11. King of Rock – Run D.M.C.
12. La Di Da Di – Slick Rick
13. Me, Myself, and I – De La Soul
14. Microphone Fiend – Eric B. and Rakim
15. My Adidas – Run D.M.C.
16. Paid in Full - Eric B. & Rakim
17. Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang
18. Breaks - Kurtis Blow
19. Message - Grandmaster Flash
20. Vapors - Biz Markie
21. Wild Wild West - Kool Moe Dee
22. You Be Illin' - Run-D.M.C.

I'll post this twice and if some people can give me some more old school tracks I'll try to download them and then post them on this board.
Damn dogg, you posted some oldies.

Takin' me back to when I was like 7, 8, 9, 10 years old. Dogg.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Just wondering when is it that someone starts to be thought of as a 'hip-hop head'?

I mean, I have all those songs, & a whole shitload of other old school songs, as well as all the recognized classics & a bunch of other albums & songs that I like.

Just wondering....
in my book to be a head you have to know the basic roots, aprichate diffrent elements of hip hop and have a desire to learn more. hip hop is getting to an age now where certin events or artists tend to slip into the cracks and to have an all encompasing knowledge is difficult.

I consider myself a Hip Hop Head, yet I know there is alot I don't know specialy about the east coast. I am like a West Coast Specilist. lol

notoriouschris2 said:
That's why I want to post some of these tracks. Some people start threads on rappers that bite other rappers (Jay-Z for example). When in fact if you listen to a wide a variety of rap today and then go back and listen to some one like KRS-One you realize that it a pretty common place thing.
yeah so many times I hear people say "That line is dope" and not relize it is something said verbatim 15-20 years ago. or just a play on an old lyric.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online