So who is the Best Rapper Alive then? Wayne? Doom? Shorty Shitstain?

7 Syns

A few people agreed to disagreed on the recent XXL article proclaiming Lil' Wayne as the Best Alive. I disagreed due to the fact that the article is based on selling magazines and foremost it's almost impossible to choose someone in the game over another mainly because every 2nd dude has their own flava.

My argument is if you believe Wayne is the best, then why not T.I. or Buck? Or if you're on the same wave length as Chronic and believe MF Doom is the best then why not Grimm or Pharoahe? Obviously the answer would be personal taste, but I dunno.Too many dope acts to really place one above another.

But if we had to do it, we all know that Redman right now is well and truly above the competition. We know that.:) :laugh:

Put it down, put it down, put down, we gots to get down. Aye aye.

peac3.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I still don't know why that song is hot. Actually, it's not. Only messageboardpseudohiphopheads proclaim it to be. Somebody enlighten me.

there is no best rapper. people can have favorite rappers, but i dont think anyone can accurately say that 'shorty shitstain' (hahhaa the hell) or whoever is the best.

and btw, Put it down is a nice track, but it aint all that, we've heard wayy better shit from Redman. But I guess its just that he's been gone for sooo long we're just in need of a fix from the funk doc.

~peace

Casey

Staff member
ImmortalTech said:
there is no best rapper. people can have favorite rappers, but i dont think anyone can accurately say that 'shorty shitstain' (hahhaa the hell) or whoever is the best.

and btw, Put it down is a nice track, but it aint all that, we've heard wayy better shit from Redman. But I guess its just that he's been gone for sooo long we're just in need of a fix from the funk doc.

~peace

Shorty Shitstain is ODB's cousin and part of the Brooklyn Zu collective.

I'd be tempted to say that Nas is the best alive.

I know people arent gonna agree with me prolly on this but I'd say Eminem and Redman. There are a lot of great rappers but that just who gets my vote.

masta247

Staff member
It's nonesence. Wayne?? omg :D

I'd say it's Nas but my favorite right now is Buckshot so it's a stupid contest imo

ARon

For me it is Nas, followed by Ra. But those are just my favorites. Shit is like the tourney really, everyones winner is different, upsets everywhere whatever. Like people have said thousands of times before, its personal taste, so keep the greatest shit personal I guess, it does get annoying.

there is no best rapper.
If that's the case, then why does it take more than a considerable amount of people to proclaim an album a classic? Or why does the Grammy's / Oscar's even exist? That's because mass opinion does matter - atleast in this situation. You don't claim to be a king. The people give you that title.

It could be very well said that yes, it is a matter of personal taste. But at the same time, some things have to be concluded by society, and greatness is one of them.

why does it take more than a considerable amount of people to proclaim an album a classic?
it shouldnt.. to me 'Shadows on the Sun' is a classic, but most of cats havent even heard of it. So just cuz an emcee's album is less heard, does that mean he/she cant be considered to have a classic album?

Or why does the Grammy's / Oscar's even exist? That's because mass opinion does matter - atleast in this situation. You don't claim to be a king. The people give you that title.
All this grammy/oscar awards etc. bullshit is all just a popularity contest. Why would a persons popularity be considered when evaluating the best? The Best is different from most popular. The masses havent heard much hip hop, so to me their evaluation doesnt mean jack shit. Just cuz the Grammy's say Kanye or Ludacris, 50 cent or who ever is the best rap artist, doesnt make me like them more. If they have skills, they have skills and I'll give em their props. But just cuz they say that thats the best album, or best artist, wont sway my opinion on it at all.

.. but whatever, if u think some1 is the best (for whatever reason), then whatever, I really dont care. But to me, I cant make up my mind who is the best. I can break it down possibly and say 'from what i've heard Emcee X has the dopest flow, emcee Y has the illest punchlines, Emcee Z has the most range in his work etc'. but I cant and dont think I'll ever claim anybody is the best (but thats me)

~peace

Big Flipp

Well I don't know about best but I believe Doom is by far the most all around talented. No producer raps as good as he does and no rapper produces as good as he does.

linx

Staff member
Big Flipp said:
Well I don't know about best but I believe Doom is by far the most all around talented. No producer raps as good as he does and no rapper produces as good as he does.
Also, nobody's as good at putting you to sleep faster.

Bobby Sands

^^Yea i agree.MF Doom is a good producer but as a rapper he bores me into submission.I hate his voice and flow.

The best rapper alive for me right now is Redman.He has a great flow, is a great lyricist and has a great distinct voice.cant wait for Red Gone Wild.Nas would be a close second.

Bobby Sands

^^Yea i agree.MF Doom is a good producer but as a rapper he bores me into submission.I hate his voice and flow.

The best rapper alive for me right now is Redman.He has a great flow, is a great lyricist and has a great distinct voice.cant wait for Red Gone Wild.Nas would be a close second.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.