So who actually got AZ's Awol?

7 Syns

Obviously not many people, because judging by it's sales alot of people whom been preaching to support real hip-hop lately only do that.. preach.. and don't practise.

I got a chance to buy it today along side Bun-B's mixtape with MddlFngz and Boom Rap Project's Reprogram, so Ive got my hip-hop on for the next couple weeks :thumb:.

A.W.O.L. is an ill album like most have said, I thought it was creatively a slight step-back from Aziatic but a step foward in overall performance. A nice follow-up to a great record, an A1 performance for sure. ha.

peace.

yeah i picked it up the day it came out at meijer. i listened to it on the way back to my friends house and kinda of was like, eh its ok, but after we sat around and smoke a little bit and we gave it another chance and i ended up really liking it. i think az this cs is a lot better than aziatic. i thought the beats on aziatic were a little reaptative, except for the nas song and tracks 7 and 8. aziatic was nothing special. az awol is def one of this years better releases

linx

Staff member
I made a thread about it a while back and said I liked it. When I first got the album, I listened to it all the way through and I thought it was a great album. It was really dope how he got Rae and Ghost on a song, they're one of my favorite duo's in hip hop. Az shows why he is one of the best lyricsists in the game, plus I liked the production. Could of been BETTER, but it was by no means bad at all.

PuffnScruff

i picked it up a few weeks ago. i like it. much better than that shit he was going to drop last year. final call i think it was called. i didnt like how he grouped all the bonus tracks together for on track like jayz did on the blueprint. good production overall. i thought some of his lyrics were really good, but nothing stands out at the moment.

Sad story.....

So i got 31 dollars on me. and its about 8 o clock I just finished my nightschool class and I walk With high hopes to a "Coconuts" thats near by. I look around and find many albums I need to buy

"The Minstrel Show"
"this week"(not sure but that Jean grae joint)
"MM... Food"
"Deathcertificate(never heard it,ps no dissing please I know I need 2)"
"warning shots mixtape"(My old copy broke on me)

I decide on buying the Minstrel show and MM Food. On my way to the register I decide fuck it one more quick glance, and there was AZ AWOL album just glancing at me strongly I had to get it.

So im walking to the counter With "The Minstrel Show"(13.99) and AWOl(14.99) and some how the change ended up being around 1 DOLLAR AND FIFTY CENTS. now this brings and issue to me because I need 2 dollars to get home, SO UNFORTANTLY I HAD TO GIVE BACK AWOL!!!! :(

I plan on buying it either today or tommorrow though,now that im paid again. I havent even heard it yet.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
great album.

az's chillin' sorta gets annoying, and i really didn't like envious. but other than that, i think every other song is great.

7 Syns said:
Obviously not many people, because judging by it's sales alot of people whom been preaching to support real hip-hop lately only do that.. preach.. and don't practise.

peace.

i feel u on that, i copped it the day it dropped, dope album, n az is one of the best lyricists in the game n gets no appriciated whether from sales or fans, i made a post the other day how he came to a cop shop by my house i waited a while 2 c him but i had to get to work, there was like 75 people there n he did a lil personal show on the stage in there i heard that it was dope but he need to get more promotion or something cause like someone else said in this thread its the best album of the year n is low in sales........shows how REAL hip hop is fallin off on the charts

i got it the day it came out, but i wasnt too impressed. but there are also some REALLY wack ones. that still alive track or whatever its called is one of the worst songs ive ever heard, and AZ's chillin is a real weak attempt at the audio two version. overall, id give it like a 2.5/5

7 Syns

After further listens I probably overhyped it abit, don't get me wrong it's a nice album but I think there's a few songs which are pretty plain.

peace.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I haven't picked it up yet.

I'm waiting until I go to the U.S. ( 4 days), as UK have shit shops for Rap and it's also cheaper in the U.S.A.

Hallbanger said:
i got it the day it came out, but i wasnt too impressed. but there are also some REALLY wack ones. that still alive track or whatever its called is one of the worst songs ive ever heard, and AZ's chillin is a real weak attempt at the audio two version. overall, id give it like a 2.5/5

2.5 is outa hand the song still alive is ok n i feel u about az's chillin but i was wondering about what u would call a 3.5 or above album whic hhas come out within the last year or so, jus a wuestion all opinions tho i jus wanna kno

Jebus said:
Sad story.....

So i got 31 dollars on me. and its about 8 o clock I just finished my nightschool class and I walk With high hopes to a "Coconuts" thats near by. I look around and find many albums I need to buy

"The Minstrel Show"
"this week"(not sure but that Jean grae joint)
"MM... Food"
"Deathcertificate(never heard it,ps no dissing please I know I need 2)"
"warning shots mixtape"(My old copy broke on me)

I decide on buying the Minstrel show and MM Food. On my way to the register I decide fuck it one more quick glance, and there was AZ AWOL album just glancing at me strongly I had to get it.

So im walking to the counter With "The Minstrel Show"(13.99) and AWOl(14.99) and some how the change ended up being around 1 DOLLAR AND FIFTY CENTS. now this brings and issue to me because I need 2 dollars to get home, SO UNFORTANTLY I HAD TO GIVE BACK AWOL!!!! :(

I plan on buying it either today or tommorrow though,now that im paid again. I havent even heard it yet.
I bought it some time last week, and its a pretty dope album, its good no doubt but yall overhype shit lol

My thought:

* Still Alive is wack as fuck.
* I aint really feeling that new york joint either,I think its the beat
* The beat for street life bothers the shit outta me.
* who the fuck is Bounty Killer? that shit sucked
* The premmo beat was nothing special but still ill.

The rest ranges from real dope 2 dope.

pretty good album

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.