So What is it hiphop Hip Hop or Hip-Hop?

I read this old ass article I got it off the QN5 website so I don't think I have the full article...but newayz...

What is the correct way to spell Hip Hop?

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
lol there is no correct way to spell hip hop this is hiphop we dont give a fuck about te proper way to do things if anything we modify it.

roaches

I use "hip-hop". Should it be capitalized as "Hip-hop" or "Hip-Hop", that's the question.

And for those of you who are taking this lightly, fuck you. KRS-One said in a lecture that the spelling of this great universal light force is the 3047th element of hip-hop, and it was on the website of a Zulu Nation member.

*B-boy stance*

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Im lazy so usually type it hip-hop.

If Hip-Hop is the name of a form of music, then it shouldnt be capitalized. Rock 'n' roll isnt generally capitalzied in publications, its rock n roll or rock, neither is country music or pop music. R&B but that is because it is an abbreviation, thus rhyme and blues is not.

Having said that though I believe it should be capitalized, but for different reasons. Hip-Hop is a culture. As a culture it should be capitalized. Hip-hop music or rap does not need to be, but Hip-Hop culture does.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.