So What Actually Happened Between Nelly And KRS-One?

Shot 21

I know they had beef, but why? They just dont fit in a beef together. KRS-One is like a classic rap legend, and Nelly is a modern day St Louie rapper. How did they collide?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Krs One got offended by Nelly's song #1, which wasnt directed at KRS, but KRS thought Nelly isnt the number one rapper, so he dissed him.

the beef isnt going to be blown out of proprtion like usual and there certainly isnt a publicity stunt about this cause KRS is better then that just they are going to be civil about t krs just doesnt like ppl who claim to be the best.

kinda sounds like ''best rapper alive'' jay-z in a way.

makaveli_411 said:
It was all an ego issue and I think that KRS took it too personal like Thug Style said. But didn't Nelly also diss KRS for something?

Peace
yeah, after krs made a song dissin nelly bout #1, nelly responded in defense, basically nelly lost lyrically but he made krs-1 look like a fool.

Basically KRS looked a fool for taking offence to Nelly's song, didnt matter who won the beef, KRS, as much as a legend he is, used a pathetic excuse to diss someone.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
i watched a program on mtv base last year i think, and it was about beefs, and the two people who did the show when talking about this particular beef, they said nelly won the beef, They said it was very suprising that he won this. Then nelly was talking about how krs-1 was making underground tapes about nelly which the media never heard, and when nelly dissed backeveryone heard, so he felt it was unfair, becasue people thought nelly was starting the beef.

What more did you expect Makaveli_10, you thought Nelly was a good MC. The only good thing about this dude is that his first album was something original and brought something new to the rap game. Everything else he ever did is mainly considered garbage imo.

Peace

well back in the day krs had a hit called 1#, by basicaly bitin krs, nelly made some wack single called 1#. and sayin shit like this
""Ah yo, I’m tired of people judging what’s real Hip-Hop
Half the time, you’ll be them nigga’s that fuckin album flop, you know""

Nelly- roc the mic (remix) from Nellyville Album

"Throw your hands up; if you didn't bang your rim on the curb
You couldn't hit while you was makin a turn
I strike a nerve in old MC's wantin a comeback
I got the strength that he's lost and that's fact
Like K - "Know" one here even said your name
R - You really feelin guilty bout somethin mayn
S - Sad to see you really just want just
One - more hit please please!
You the first old man should get a rapper's pension
No hits since the cordless mic invention
I'm snitchin; matter fact, stay the fuck out the kitchen
Nelly kickin with too many dimensions
Midwest, and we aim about mid-chest
Duked on my side, too many in my tribe
Coupe outside who the fuck want a ride?"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online