So I figured it out, this is what Hip-Hop today is missing...

7 Syns

roaches

Are you kidding? Naughty by Nature derivatives is ALL hip-hop is nowadays. Really catchy choruses that are the meat of the song, and verses that people really don't pay attention to (to be fair to NBN, Treach was worth paying attention to).

Eric

7Syns, you're being a hippy lost in the times. That is what the majority of this 'Hip Pop' culture is--anthems, reppin' your area.

7 Syns

Big Easy said:
7Syns, you're being a hippy lost in the times. That is what the majority of this 'Hip Pop' culture is--anthems, reppin' your area.
I should've made the thread more clearer.. it's emphasis is Naughty By Nature not anthems themselves.

peace.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Tiago said:
I should've made the thread more clearer.. it's emphasis is Naughty By Nature not anthems themselves.

peace.
?????????????????????so hiphop is missing naughty by nature?

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
i never got down with "anthems." just because a chorus is a bunch of people saying the same shit doesn't mean a song is good.

what's missing is very simple... creativity and originality. every artist up through 95 has their own angle. very seldom were two artists the same. now they're almost completely interchangable and therefore useless. god forbid someone actually have the balls to talk about anything else but their jewelery or the dimensions of their rims.

what is hip hop missing? it's missing NOT being plastered all over every single product, radio station, and tv show.

good day, sir.

7 Syns

Dante said:
i never got down with "anthems." just because a chorus is a bunch of people saying the same shit doesn't mean a song is good.

what's missing is very simple... creativity and originality. every artist up through 95 has their own angle. very seldom were two artists the same. now they're almost completely interchangable and therefore useless. god forbid someone actually have the balls to talk about anything else but their jewelery or the dimensions of their rims.

what is hip hop missing? it's missing NOT being plastered all over every single product, radio station, and tv show.

good day, sir.
Not really, because I can name artists which talk about different shit right now. I can talk about artists who touch on the real shit too. That's not the problem because they do exist, just not on the surface of mainstream.

Im telling you Naughty By Nature's mainstream quality is what's missing. They specialized in that shit. Plus their lyrics had some good shit too.

peace.

7 Syns

7Datskat34 said:
what's missing is good lyrics. And the fact there are too many douche bags.
Again.. no. Because I know of artists with great lyrics who drop material constantly. Again however, they aren't on the surface of mainstream but they DO exist. You just have to look in the right places.

Quality, great lyrics, great mc'ings = all already here. Just look beyond the Top40 countdown. But quality in the mainstream like Naughty By Nature represented with little messages like...

"im tired of seeing all my rapping homies get shot, c'mon raise up because there's nothing really like hip-hop"

Is what's missing. Hip-Hop Hooray's and OPP's. Those are REAL anthems. Those were anthems that everyone enjoyed pretty much. The so called anthems today that Big E and roaches talk about have just as many people disliking them and liking them. I remember when "Holidaes" came out, everyone was bumping that shit. It has good rhymes, great beat, great hook and overall appealed to everyone.

"It's Goin' Down", "Shoulder Lean", "Lean Back", "New York Shit", "How We Do" although they are decent songs don't do that. From what Ive seen anyways maybe it's different where you's are from respectively.

peace.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
Tiago said:
Not really, because I can name artists which talk about different shit right now. I can talk about artists who touch on the real shit too. That's not the problem because they do exist, just not on the surface of mainstream.

Im telling you Naughty By Nature's mainstream quality is what's missing. They specialized in that shit. Plus their lyrics had some good shit too.

peace.
well duh some artists are still actually good, but the point is that i'd rather listen to some hip hop and not some call and response shit. i saw nbn live and yeah, i did the "heyyy hooooe" shit with everyone else, but i swear to you that i don't do it in my car alone. catch my drift?

nbn suck anyway. treach's voice pisses me off and he's completely overrated. that padlock shit was on my nerves too. don't get me started on vinnie. "heavy as a chevy?" wow, that's deep.

i think you got hit in the noggin with a boomerang and went and got confuddled what good music is. if i could telepathically twist off one of your ears i would, but alas the coriolis effect fucks it.

I'm deep into Naughty By Nature recently. They managed to be big on the mainstream level and still not to abandon the streets. Like Treach said on my 'Poverty Paradise' cover 'You can leave the ghetto, but the ghetto won't leave you if you keep in touch.' They are one of the greatest groups that ever appeared in Hip-Hop world. One of those you say ' they have chemistry'... Hip-Hop needs Naughty By Nature right now. Desperate... But, it also needs couple of others which sets the standards and developed the culture.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.