So... Frank Ocean is "bisexual"...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Am I the only one who thinks... So what?!?! Not a big deal to me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...nk-Ocean-admits-his-first-love-was-a-man.html

Singer Frank Ocean has posted a detailed blog on his website which appears to address his sexuality, suggesting that he is gay or bisexual.

The 24-year-old from New Orleans, whose real name is Christopher Francis Ocean, posted the following, which it is said makes him the first mainstream hip-hop star to 'come out':

“Four summers ago, I met somebody. I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I'd see him, and his smile.”

“Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realised I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with.”

“I sat there and told my friend how I felt. I wept as the words left my mouth. I grieved for then. Knowing I could never take them back for myself. He patted my back. He said kind things. He did his best, but he wouldn't admit the same.”

He also added: “I don't have any secrets I need kept anymore” and “I feel like a free man.”
Before the bulk of the statement, Ocean wrote: “My hope is that the babies born these days will inherit less of the b******t than we did.”
Ocean had planned to publish the statement in the liner notes of his full debut album, Channel Orange, which will be released later this month.
However, after listening parties were held for the new album, reports began to surface that the lyrics effectively outed Ocean as gay.
Ocean, who will play V Festival next month, finished in second place in the BBC's influential Sound of 2012 poll. He collaborated with Kanye West and Jay-Z on their Watch the Throne album last year, and released a well-received mixtape album, Nostalgia, Ultra.
He is also part of hip-hop collective Odd Future, who were dropped from the line-up of the Big Day Out festival in Auckland, New Zealand after promoters faced pressure from local activists over the group's allegedly homophobic lyrics.
However, fellow Odd Future member Tyler, The Creator posted a message in support of Ocean’s statement on Twitter:
"My big brother finally f*****g did that. Proud of that n***a cause I know that s**t is difficult or whatever."
Homosexuality within hip-hop and rap music has always been a sensitive subject. Last year, rapper Game suggested that there were homosexual rappers who needed to “be gay and be proud”

ARon

The best r&b dude out is gay. Oh wells.

The only bad thing from this is that we get to hear gay people wax poetic about how much they love him, that will get annoying quick.

I don't know if he's had more relations than this but falling in love with another man doesn't exactly make you gay. Just an odd situation I suppose, still commendable

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I don't know if he's had more relations than this but falling in love with another man doesn't exactly make you gay. Just an odd situation I suppose, still commendable
I concur. He didn't even suggest a sexual relationship.

Also I posted this in the other thread......

I find it a complete over reaction. I don't really think it was brave. I also don't think many people care in today's society about someone's sexuality. This isn't a Rosa Parks moment.

I also think more people will want to collaborate with Frank Ocean now, because they will want the positive press that comes with it. Although, he will also be the butt of a few witty lines, but nothing too hardcore, except from no-name rappers wanting to make a name. A Chino XL moment.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Anderson Cooper came out too.

Frank Ocean is an R&B singer, not a rapper. If a rapper came out, it would probably have more consequences. But congrats to Frank Ocean for coming out and yeah, changes nothing for me, shit, i didn't even like novacane. i didn't like one song. i don't like that shit.

S. Fourteen

Lately he's been thinking so far ahead and I've been thinking forever. I thought she was cute, so I kissed her hand but she doesn't let me fly my jet. How could I forget how she feels? A new feel, it'll never get old. We'll go down this road until it turns from color to black and white, one brick at a time. I'll take fertilizer even if bullshit is all she's got. The best song is the single. No I don't like you, I just thought you were cool enough to kick it. We're behaving like teenagers. It's not just money, what is women? A container for a child? I started out as his landscaper, ended up being her housekeeper. Lost in the heat of it all. Why see the world when I got the reach? Why see the world when I got the beach? All he said was he had bills to pay and he said that meant nothing to her. It's not just money. Super rich kids with nothing but fake friends. He prefers expensive news. New car new girl new ice new glass. A million one, a million two, a hundred more will never do. He can't take care of you like this. He might sell her a beach house in Idaho. I don't really wish, I don't wish that tits will show. She was lost in the thrill of it all. What is my brain? A container for the mind? Real love, I'm searching for a real love. Run Run Run. Her diamonds shinning in her rocky world. What is a jewel if it isn't still precious? Her throne is empty because she felt like a god inside the gold. I watch her put her panties on in the mirror, touching her in places only i know. Will he send the cheetahs to the tomb? No, have I ever let you get caught. Was she doomed or was she just working at the Pyramid? Found my black queen but it was just a bad dream. I got no gas tank in my whip. Her love ain't free no more.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.