Snoop faces more legal problems

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Looks like Snoop Dogg is beginning the new year in the same way he ended the old one – in legal trouble.

The rapper’s Snoop Youth Football League Foundation has been sued by New York-based Natural Resources Media & Technology Group over claims that it made a deal for a reality television show in violation of a pre-existing deal with 20th Century Fox to develop a similar feature film, reports Billboard.

Filed last week in New York Supreme Court, the June agreement gave Natural Resources exclusive pay-per-view, cable, home video and other video footage rights for the league in exchange for raising and donating more than $100,000 for the production and splitting revenue with the foundation.

20th Century Fox heard about the deal and promptly fired off a letter to the parties involved - which include TV One, Beverly Hills- based Strange Fruit Film and TV, and Jacksonville, Fla.-based Axcess Sports & Entertainment - informing them of Fox's "exclusive rights to portray Snoop in any motion picture or television project or other production based on Snoop's involvement with his sons' football teams and leagues."

Fox is in the midst of developing a feature entitled "Coach Snoop" with screenwriters Mark Gibson and Philip Halprin.

"Fox already has made a huge investment in our project and if you continue to move forward with your television project in violation of Fox's rights, it will severely impact the viability of our theatrical motion picture," Michael Ross, Fox's senior vp legal affairs, wrote in a letter dated Oct. 13.

Natural Resources alleges production on the show, which was to feature the on- and off-the-field activities of Snoop and his 9- to 12-year-old players leading up to the "Snooperbowl," a championship game planned to coincide with Super Bowl XLI, was halted immediately and the "parties with whom plaintiff had contracted for the recording and broadcasting of the event withdrew from their agreements and ceased recording the events," according to the complaint.

Meanwhile Natural Resources, run by Corey Simmons, says it informed Snoop after receiving Fox's letter that he was in breach of the contract by failing to own the rights the foundation had licensed.

"They did not respond to our request that they cure the breach," said the plaintiff's attorney, Bradley Rosen. The complaint alleges a single cause of action for breach of contract and seeks $250,000 in damages plus attorney's fees.

Hywyn

Is this a pub stunt? because didn't he just release an album that flopped? The radios still play his jam with Justin Timberlake from last year. I think it's time Snoop hung up his boots. The only West coast artists worth checkin are Game and Xzibit imo.

ArtsyGirl

Uhh this has nothing to do with his records, this is something different. Is this like the Charity thing where underprivilged kids play?

Anyway, you gotta be pretty stupid to agree to be exclusive for one company then go out and make a commitment to another. It's not like they wont find out. Expensive move for Snoop.

PELLA

Hywyn said:
Is this a pub stunt? because didn't he just release an album that flopped? The radios still play his jam with Justin Timberlake from last year. I think it's time Snoop hung up his boots. The only West coast artists worth checkin are Game and Xzibit imo.

wrong. And snoops albums doing alright. It hit gold recently i tihnk.

its because snoop came with a new style that no old school fans were expecting so its not doin as well as it could of been...and about this i have no idea about it but if you make a deal for bizzness you better keep with it

I Don't Give

Snoop should go back to his old roots were he sings his classics. But he is still the best in the game and he's coming to my town Vancouver were the west is at. We have weed ready when Ice Cube, Kurupt and Snoop Blowing the joint.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.