Snoop dogg Westcoast Movement

K D

Snoop making a movement trying to unite the west

"It's basically a movement. It's a muthafucka trying to put the West Coast in the proper perspective. As far as just unifying and organizing. And once I get with the players from the West that matter, that make a difference, that really need to be at this muthafuckin' situation, we will proceed to give you more information, and have you with us so you can check it all out with your own two eyes."

Snoop Dogg is eager to get this West Coast shit cracking again, and as he said unifying everybody. He's going to be calling a Western Conference real soon, to make all this shit official, of course, DubCNN will be in the house.

This will also help to break new artists from the West in the game, who haven't shined yet, aswell as veterans still putting it down. "Definitely fucking with new artists, definitely. And this is basically just to help get over all the bitterness of artists that had deals, and can't make it, give them some love, and at the same time open the doors for them new acts!."

Snoop is well aware that it's hard nowadays to make it if you're not affiliated or signed to an already established artists. "It's like this. Dre or Snoop. Dre is fuckin' with none of ya'll. And I'm tired of niggaz trying on their own, doing their thang, and not selling. Every nigga that I rap with that ain't even from the West Coast somehow sell a million records. So why can't I do it for my niggaz at home? Even the niggaz that I don't like, that got attitudes wit me, that hate on me. I can suck it up and become a business man and show them that they shouldn't hate me but they should love me cause I'm a window of opportunity.".

When I told him that alot of his fans were afraid he turned his back to the West Coast when he signed to Star Trak, he replied "I'm not signed to the Neptunes. I don't even know how that got out! I'm on Doggystyle Records! If you noticed everytime you see my video, you see my shit, it say Doggystyle/Star Trak/Geffen. It's a business move! After I left No Limit, I refused to be signed to anybody else! I'm a boss!"

"The Western Conference. We need this! We need something to organize niggaz, unify, and have some type of leader that they can look up to in this game, from somebody who can really stamp they shit! I'ma put the plan together in the next couple of days as far as getting all the figures together that should be a part of it and run it past them. Once I run it past them, it's up to them to execute it!".

From Dubcnn.com

I'd love nothing more than to have a unified rap community in Cali, but who's to say if Snoopy can do it right? Whoever can do it, JUST DO IT. I don't care who gets credit for "bringing the West back" at this point, as long as things are set in motion correctly.

I hate to say it, but for this thing to work, we need more than regional radio play and we need Mtv support. Mtv will come easier with Snoopy & Game in the movement (and if other established legends get on board like Cube/Dre, etc.), but radio, especially in New York, some pockets are gonna need to get "greased" a little bit. You know what I mean, payola still exists, it's just not talked about. Record companies pay for radio play all the time, they just keep it on the hush. People like Snoopy are gonna need to set some "bribe" money aside.

This project, whatever it is, needs to include ALL of California, from the Bay to LA, Sac-town, Long Beach, San Diego, everywhere, and there can't be visible lines of territory. What I mean by that is, this needs to be a unified project, I think we could do without "Oak-town" this or "LB 4 life" that, it would disrupt the spirit of unity. There needs to be massive West-up, though, every facet of the music (videos, production, even articles and interviews) need to be SEEPED in West lingo, West style of production, any and every distinctive trait that the West has always had (some of which has been stolen and watered-down in other areas of the country) needs to be brought to the forefront.

This project has to come like a blitzkrieg, shock & awe-type madness. That doesn't mean caricatures, parodies, it means taking pride in what always made the West different, but also destroy stereotypes made on them, such as "the West can't flow, there are no real lyricists on the West Coast". Hey, hit 'em with Crooked I and Ras Kass, then, and see what they say then.

I think if the right strings are pulled, and the right talents are brought to the front, this could shift momentum in the game, but the right people need to be involved, here's a partial list of who I think should be involved, some if only for their fame and namesake to get exposure:

Snoop (if only for name)
Brotha Lynch
E-40
Mac Mall
4-Tay
WSCG (Cube, WC, and Mack)
Foesum (M&Msta especially)
Numskull
Shock-G
B-Real
Boo Yaa TRIBE
Pharcyde
Twinz
Hieroglyphics
Crooked I
Bad Azz
MC Eiht
Domino
Suga Free
Richie Rich
Dru Down
Murs
Jurassic 5
5 Footaz
Warren G
Dove Shack
Kurupt (if DR/DPG beef gets squashed)
40 Glocc & Jayo
Quik
Spice 1
DOC (if only for helping to write rhymes)
LQ
MC Ren
Dilated Peoples
Ras Kass
2nd II None
Dresta
Hi-C
XL Middleton
Xzibit
etc. (I know I'm missing a lot more)

Production By:
Warren
Quik
Bud'da
Dre (possibly)
Daz
Johnny J
DJ Glaze (Foesum)
Battlecat
QDIII
Bosko

Hooks sung by & music provided by:
Nate
Butch Cassidy
Bosko
Bo-Rocc (if he can keep outta jail)
Raphael Saadiq
(Could maybe bend the rules & let Danny Boy, Val Young, Adina, Charlie Wilson on there, even though they're not from the West technically)

People I'd be worried about bringing on there (for drama reasons) would be Yukmouth, Young Dre, C-Bo, dudes hate everybody.

too much rivalry btw No cal and So cal for this to happen, too many bosses no followers, even Crooked I is his own boss, man this shit don't look like its gonna happen, too many beefs, too many burnt bridges... nah, but I hope it happens tho, hey u need to put Bishop Lamont and Luni Coleone on that list.

ARon

Way to hop on the band wagon Snoop where the fuck were you when Cali music was down and out, makin moves with the Neptunes, what. Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit, now he is reppin Cali cus it is back in the limelight or what, fucking clown.

how is crooked i the worst ? explain ? crooked i is arguably the best lyracist the westcoast has seen.

people 2pac is dead, he wont be coming back so stop dreaming, we are talking about a new westcoast

PaulyPac said:
stfu silleone, how can this dude say crooked i is the worst ? thats just plain stupid
yeah i agree that hes an idiot if he thinks crooked i aint got skills and hes prolly only saying that to piss you off but i notice that everytime someone says something bad about crook, u turn into Jason G.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online