Snoop Dogg to hold lecture at Oxford University

Amara

"he will be talking about the use of Marijuana."
"He is bound to raise a few eyebrows in the posh Union debating chamber"

Nah, he'll just be held up as damn good example for the Oxford students of why not to. "Raising eyebrows" is an understatement, lol.

Chronic

Amara said:
Nah, he'll just be held up as damn good example for the Oxford students of why not to.
:confused:
What (visable) bad effects have weed had on his life?

Seems to me that he's a good example that weed isn't as harmful as people make it out to be. He smokes as much as he smokes and he doesn't let it interfere with his career and he doesn't seem to suffer from any physical or psychological problems.

General note: It'd be great if the ignorant people finally realized that weed is near innocent when NOT abused.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Chronic said:
What bad effects have weed had on his life?

Seems to me that he's a good example that weed isn't as harmful as people make it out to be. He smokes as much as he smokes and he doesn't let it interfere with his career and he doesn't seem to suffer from any physical or psychological problems.

General note: It'd be great if the ignorant people finally realized that weed is near innocent when NOT abused.

Well... Thats debatable... I can just picture him sitting there saying "Hahah man it would be sooooo funny if I did a song with Justin Timberlake..." and getting the giggles all the way to the sound booth....

Amara

Chronic said:
What (visable) bad effects have weed had on his life?

I was joking.... rapper compared to academics.... culture shock for the oxford scholars would be pretty amusing.

btw, I would say it does effect his career a great deal - damn, it MAKES his career, lol! I'd be pretty sure thats where he gets his inspiration....

(Personal note: I am biased because I have witnessed the very bad effects on a person's personality due to abuse... so it is not necessarily about ignorance of innocent use as it is a damaged opinion on account of over-exposure.)

Chronic

Amara said:
(Personal note: I am biased because I have witnessed the very bad effects on a person's personality due to abuse... so it is not necessarily about ignorance of innocent use as it is a damaged opinion on account of over-exposure.)
You know that general note wasn't directed at you right?
In some cases it might me a damaged opinion but overall it's ignorance. Weed is a drug and the word "drug" scares people. A lot of people don't look past that label.
Even if you have a damaged opinion, don't you know a lot of other people who smoke weed and didn't get any problems? If weed has bad effects it's because the person can't deal with them. Whether because of psychological problems or simple weakness.
And if they can't deal with weed, it's up to them to say stop before it gets out of hand.

I have a disorder that a lot of people have and weed tends to trigger that, makes it worse even at times. But how can you say it's the weed when it wouldn't happen if I didn't have the disorder? Weed is just a trigger, which is very important to remember.

Drugs go wrong when the person using them can't handle them. Another example of this is religion.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.