Snoop Dogg, Missy Elliot honoured for musical career

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
“When I made my first impression it was like a legendary move. I’m just honoured to be here,” the BBC quoted Dogg as saying.

Dogg also expressed contentment over the fact that previous honouree and rap legend KRS-One knew him.

“These are guys that I grew up wanting to be like and learning their words and dreaming and hoping and wishing,” he said.

“Now they know who I am and they respect me and they say that my work has put me in the position that I can be commended - it’s unbelievable, I can’t believe it,” he added.

Rap trio Whoudini, music executive Andre Harrell and producer Teddy Riley were regarded at the event for creating the New Jack Swing sound.

LL Cool J, Ne-Yo and Chris Rock were the other celebrities to be honoured at the awards show.

The groundbreaking movie Wild Style, based on break-dancing graffiti rap, earned a lot of lauding for Fab Five Freddy and Charlie Ahern.

The ceremony also saw Snoop performing onstage with Bow Wow, who had performed with the former when he was a child.

Source: ThaIndian.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.