Snoop Dogg Insists He Can Out-Sing Diddy

THEV1LL4N

There's no contest, according to Snoop Dogg: He can sing way better than his close friend Diddy.

"Right now, I got Puffy by a couple of notes," he smiled. "I think Puffy can just sing alto and tenor. But I can sing alto, tenor and soprano. I can sing any note."

Snoop's singing on "Sensual Seduction" has won everybody over, hands down. It's the first single from his next LP, Ego Trippin', due in March.

"There will be a couple of more songs where I express my R&B feel," he described of the album. "It feels good and sounds good. It's no stretch. I've always been singing melodies and riffs, but never no whole song. I've been making all kinds of songs, but I've never done anything like how I done . I'm trying to mix it up and bring a variety of different looks , but there will be those type of Snoop songs you love."

The new song was written and produced by Shawty Red, who's most known for his work with Young Jeezy. "I initially wanted do a record where it's just based on me," he said about his original concept for the album. "But through the time making this record, I have a few guest appearances on here. The Ego Trippin' part is that I have allowed other artists to write songs for me. 'Sensual Seduction' was written and produced by Shawty Red from Atlanta. I usually don't accept songs from people. I do my own writing. I usually be ego tripping. , I'm trippin' to a certain extent, but I'm not."

The Dogg names producers Pharrell Williams and Teddy Riley as the LP's main contributors. "Pharrell is always going to be involved with what I do," he said. "Teddy Riley had the music game in his hand for 12 years straight. He knows how to create the atmosphere for a great artist and a big event. I feel like I'm a big artist and keep my albums in the classification of a big event. For me and him to work together, it's gonna be like Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson working together on that Thriller album." ...

Every time he tries to leave hip-hop, it keeps pullin' him back. Marley Marl's last-ever hip-hop album was supposed to be last year's Hip-Hop Lives with KRS-One, but the legendary producer and DJ has decided to stay in the game. There may even be another LP with the Blast Master coming.

"We're thinking about it," Marl said. "There were a lot of joints that didn't make the album that were dope to me. We know the politics behind the record business. You give them 11 or 12 joints, that's what you get paid for. You give them 21 joints, you only get paid for 12. There's a lot of joints in the can that didn't come out, so it's a possibility. But hey, Marley Marl might use those tracks on my next album. There's a lot of tracks in the can. As for that project, it did what it had to do. It was dope. I'm proud of that. We went on tour, we killed Europe, Asia, we even killed New York."

You know what else was dope? Marley's beats on LL Cool J's classic Mama Said Knock You Out. The two haven't worked together in nearly two decades, but L is back in the lab making his last album, Exit 13, for Def Jam. So what about a reunion for the two Queens pioneers?

Source-MTV

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.