Smif N Wessun, my thoughts about "The Album"

masta247

Staff member
Alright, since I already listened to this album few times I want to share my thoughts about it that come to my mind right *now.

* It was worth waiting with anticipation
* Finally they picked a good song as a single.
* Tek & Steele experimented too much on it, there's not enought Smif n wessun style in it
* Reloaded > The album but again that was a classic
* It's better overall than last BCC album which had few dope songs but overall was not that perfect.
* Songs with their original style are dope
* They fit to my taste with the tracklist
* Most tracks are calmer than most that they recorded before, their flow is slower and calmer.
* What Preach complained about - first you hear a dynamic intro like there's a hardcore song coming and then Tek comes and flows like he was lazy, beat becomes calm, deep etc - "Still fighting" is a perfect example here
*Pac was mentioned at least 7 times on this album which is a bit too much IMO but there's also a line that may interest 2pac fans when Steele says "Biggie and Pac, who got them shot? I can tell"
*Tek became wacker than he was before while Steele improved really
*Steele became one of the best lyricists in hip-hop, compared to him on "Reloaded" he's a god of flow and dope rhymes (some time ago I suspected that Guru bites his style but that's not the case now:D). I nearly fell of my chair when I heard his flow on "yeah" - when the beat dropped and Tek rapped I was like "WTF is this shit"? Then Steele came and made me nearly shit in my pants. He and Rock also kill it on Stomp Thru. This song could be another good single.
*I miss tracks like "Here I stand" - it's my favorite SNW track and that's what would fit in 10000% in my taste.
*There could be slightly more singing and raegge on the choruses.
*Gotta say it is one of the greatest single that came out this year
*P.N.C. 4 life Is fucking fat! Dopest beat that came out this year, a classic. A shame that Tek fucked it up again, he bored the shit out of me and destroyed the chorus :/ but Steele saved it again.
*I'm sure you'll hear some really memorable quotes on this album, Steele goes really intellectual here.
*Again Tek fucked up on this album, makes it boring at times when he flows :sad:
*on K.I.M. 2000 at the beginning dude sounds like Pac on "Life is hard"
*There are really great tracks but there are 2 tracks rather boring (Gangster's prayer and can't stop) that I skip often. It's still a great result considering I usually like 1-2 tracks from albums I listen to.
*Outro on this album is dope as fuck literally - "still here" is the type of classic Smif n Wessun shit I love to hear.
*Some dopest, really different than anything else calm, deep beats are on this album.
*First dude on "I can't feel my face" sounds like Pac, then on the chorus like Kokane :D
*Where's Coptic, Khrysis and the Beatminerz? :( as well as other BCC members.

*I'm definately buying this album on the day it comes out

*Tek, again.. please improve your skills.. Steele murders you on this album, I have to rewind your shit

This album gets 8/10 overall from me and becomes my favorite album of 2007 before J.Wells and Kurupt and "Casualties of War".

linx

Staff member
I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but what I heard was dope. There's some dope beats on it for sure. :thumb:

masta247

Staff member
few new thoughts

*I love Steele's verse on "Still fighting"
*This album is really great, I'm listening to it on repeat for 2 days now.
*Still I'm under impression of Steele's verses on "yeah"
*They could use the beat from "Still fighting" outro on another song, it's sick!
*there's 3rd track I don't enjoy much - "who gonna save us"
*After listening to this album so many times I still think it's this year's dopest album but I have to admit that I haven't heard all albums that came out this year, tho I listened to every that people said was the best.
*"I can't feel my face" is in my head all the time I'm not listening to the album.
*Loudmouf Choir whover he/they are are dope.
*What sample is used on "Still here"? I got to know that. The beat is sick as fuck.

masta247

Staff member
Masta, are you the same guy who always says Fatal has a killer flow?
yeah I said he sometimes can flow really good, not always of course but on few songs he showed it.
Take "Dumpin'", "Getto Star" or "Shit goes on", his flow there is really on high level.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.