Slick Rick

AmerikazMost

The Kool G Rap thread and my Slick Rick playlist inspired me for this.

Ricky D is another one of those cats that don't get much talk on here. What are some of your favorite Slick Rick joints? What highlighted his career? How will he be remembered? What's his place in hip-hop history? Feelings on the almost deportation? Opinions on his albums?

Slick Rick Is The Shit, I Hav All His Cds, I Think He Will Be Remembered As A Legend And I Want Him 2 Come Back And Return WIth A New Cd

i like "The Art of Storytelling", its a sick album...highly recommend it. Memories is a crazy track, aswell as children's story and unity with Snoop.

Didnt he make it big in Doug E. Fresh's "lodi dodi"?

Ricky is one of the four emcees I believe every modern day emcee stems from, the others being Rakim, KRS-One, and Big Daddy Kane (a valid argument could be made for Kool G Rap as well), but people don't really realize this. His albums were all stories which consisted of several twists and turns. It's always funny to hear him do his different voices to impersonate the characters he's talking about and it adds life to his tracks.

AmerikazMost

PELLA said:
Didnt he make it big in Doug E. Fresh's "lodi dodi"?
He was first featured on Doug E. Fresh's single "The Show." "La Di Da Di" was on the B-Side.

It's arguably the best single in hip-hop history, and I'd say that "La Di Da Di" is the most quoted song hip-hop.

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
"teenage love"
and he was cool on warren g´s "i want it all" album track nr. 14, forgot tha name.
"behind bars" video is cool.with warren g talkin @ tha start.

AmerikazMost said:
He was first featured on Doug E. Fresh's single "The Show." "La Di Da Di" was on the B-Side.

It's arguably the best single in hip-hop history, and I'd say that "La Di Da Di" is the most quoted song hip-hop.

La Di Da Di is probably the most quoted song in hip hop history, I also think that single opened up a lot of doors for a lot of people, definitly one of the most important singles of all time.

Listen to La Di Da Di Live [Live/Explicit Version] by Slick Rick : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/10137959

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.