Skillz To Release New Album July 8th

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Skillz will release his new album Million Dollar Backpack July 8th on KOCH Records.

Million Dollar Backpack is Skillz’ first new album of all new material since 2005’s Confessions of a Ghost Writer. The album features guest appearances by Common, Kweli, Freeway and The Roots.

KOCH Records General Manager Alan Grunblatt tells HHNLive.com, “Skillz is one of the greatest MC's in the country and is the spearhead of our burgeoning hip hop roster.”

Skillz is well known for his highly anticipated Year-End Rap Up freestyles, in which he sums up the year in hip-hop.

The first single off of Million Dollar Backpack is “So Far So Good” feat. Common. The track finds Skillz reflecting on how far he has come and what he has to do to keep pushing ahead.

“Originality is missing in music,” Skillz tells HHNLive.com. “You don’t have to be a gimmick, just be yourself. I’m not mad at the state of music or what ain’t happening, I’m just making my music and anyone who wants to listen to it I’m greatly appreciative.”

Skillz just completed a tour with Jazzy Jeff in Europe, and will tour with The Roots on select U.S. dates this month.

Source: HHNLive.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online