Since gold is the new platinum like in the 80's, perhaps we can get some real skills

In the early decade to 2007, mad dudes were going platinum. It seemed easy to achieve and with easy money came less time for real skills on the mic. Well now that noone's selling shit again like the 80's mid 90's, I can slowly hear real skills creep back into the forefront of the game.

Eminem's shit is a good start, Q-Tip's return and Red/Meth's BO2 is a beautiful thing. Nas last year, Jay this year. I think hip-hop is finally doing that 360 everyone was talking about a few years ago and the age of MC's is here again. All these corny ass mother**** seem to not be dropping as regularly too. Good shit. Keep it up hip-hop.

Maybe by 2010/11 the game will be built on who can spit rather than who's sucks the labels dick better to get deals. Going gold seems like the benchmark again and better yet dude's is happy to go that, as long as their shit gets put out and heard.

For an old ass hip-hop head like me, that shit deserves major props. I knew shitty quality hip-hop wouldn't last. Hip-hop didn't die, RAP did and it was resurrected as MCing again.

THEV1LL4N

i noticed even rappers like mike jones for example have ditched the whole "iced out" look and are now actually concentrating on their music rather than the whole image.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see it.

and rap never died, you just need to pick up mixtapes by up and coming rappers.

mickey factz, donny goines, hollyweerd, pacific division, Blu, UNI, etc. = holding it down.

It's kind of annoying when so-called hip hop heads always rely on established rappers to "bring back hip-hop" when there are new rappers carrying the torch.

masta247

Staff member
I think that it's not like that. I don't see any big changes. There's always been good albums here and there. The fact is that hip-hop is changing. I thought that it'll only get worse for me while I find a few mainstream songs I quite enjoy lately.

Sofi is also right. I always expected awesome music fe. from The Rza while he totally changed his style and now I know that I can't expect another bobby digital. Same with 2pac or Snoop Dogg albums. I don't expect much from Dre. They will never be the same again.

There are a few artists I can count on because they never let me down and I support them but the most important thing is to find new artists that you like. That's what makes you know that this genre evolves and that you still like it.
I have to admit that there are only a few new artists I enjoyed for the last few years but hey it's better than nothing.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.