Should there be more groups/bands like the Roots?

Should there be more groups/bands like the Roots in hip hop?

Wouldn't that entertain us rap fans more? It's pretty obvious I would like to see it! Especially if they all make good music but I think an emcee with a real live band behind him is something great and something that we should all respect and ya know maybe emcees will start writing actual music too instead of making a beat in the studio.

Well I gotta admit 1 thing I don't know if there many groups out there so if there are please let me know so I can check em out..If not feel free to reply to this.

PuffnScruff

i wish there were alot more bands in hiphop, the roots are dope, they do great live shows, the black eyed peas have a live band, but their the black eyed peas.

alot of rappers do use bands in performances. lot of them that do snl or mad tv use real bands. tupac has used a real band before and always sounded dope. live bands do make the over all show and performance more fun

roaches

No. Hip-hop is at its best with two turntables and one mic, and I'm saying this as probably the biggest Roots fan on this site.

roaches said:
No. Hip-hop is at its best with two turntables and one mic, and I'm saying this as probably the biggest Roots fan on this site.
No doubt and I wouldn't want it to replace the turntables tho..I wish I could hear some more uhh hip hop bands..you know ne others?

just a tidbit of info 4 u all.... Scott Storch actually started up the Roots and still produces for them. interesting considering now he's a popular producer for commercial hip hop albums like the new 50 Cent, older and newer Dre, Lean Back, & many many more older and newer productions you'd never guess he was behind.

Don't Say Nothin? yes, that was Storch.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.