Should Swizz Beatz hang it up?

Eric

Seriously. What ever happened to the old Swizz Beatz? His catalog of DMX production is enough in itself to make him a great. The guy has classics. Get At Me Dog, What's My Name, Jigga My N****, Party Up, Money Cash Hoes, etc. The list goes on! I mean this guy Swizz was the truth in the late 90's and early 2000's. How did he fall off so bad? He is the most predictable and repetitive producer now. Every beat of his has those retarded 'Swizzy' and 'woo' chants in the background. Let's also not forget his overuse of the air horn. There's no exaggeration here when I say I literally have at least 5 songs on my iPod where I hear an air horn at the beginning and it will take for the beat to drop 5 seconds later to figure out which song it is.

Swizz Beatz take time off and find yourself. Or go retire.

Bobby Sands

I dont think that he was ever any good.

The only production i liked from him was NY Shit-Busta Rhymes.I cant stand most of his beats.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
i dont think he should retire...i just think he needs to work on producing a different sound in his beats..

I was thinking this!!He sold Beyounce Get Me Bodied n it sounds like that Tip song Bring em Out!!He not good producer in the first place!!!Am I wrong Pac beat was trash!!!Now he raps?Who writing his bullshit?

ARon

What the hell. I'm looking forward to his solo album to tell the truth. After readin more about it in the last Scratch I'm really looking forward to it. He had a pretty repetitive sound there for a minute but thats what people were askin him to do. Lately it aint been like that, new Bone had good beats from him. Cas always has good beats from him. Game gets some shit from him that nearly breaks my neck. I think he is far from retiring or having to, wait til his album drops.

Casey

Staff member
Seriously. What ever happened to the old Swizz Beatz? His catalog of DMX production is enough in itself to make him a great. The guy has classics. Get At Me Dog, What's My Name, Jigga My N****, Party Up, Money Cash Hoes, etc. The list goes on!

"Get At Me Dog"
was produced by Dame Grease.

a lot of swizzy's stuff has been repetitive of late, but "bump in the trunk" on the BTNH album was the shit. he drops a gem every now and then.

7 Syns

Never been a huge fan of Swizz, I mean he had some cool ish here and there but for the most part his beats were lifeless and generic. No one should retire for the simple fact that everyone in the game has at least a handful of fans that will support their ish regardless.

peac3.

Casey

Staff member
He didnt produce that beat lol.....it was the individuals.
ah OK. I didn't cop that yet. I saw that he had featured on it and assumed it was a production of his. Haven't heard too many tracks where he's done a vocal on that he hasn't produced himself.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.