shakes head in shame

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
Source Allhiphop :

Sir Mix-A-Lot’s once controversial hit “Baby Got Back” is now the base of a department store’s national back-to-school ad campaign.

Target retail chain has adopted 1992’s “Baby Got Back,” but the rapper has tweaked the lyrics to encourage the purchase of school supplies.

Now dubbed “Baby Got Backpack,” Sir Mix A-Lot kicks lyrics that say “I like backpacks and I cannot lie” instead of original lines that said “I like big butts and I cannot lie.”

In 1992, the Seattle native was banned from daytime MTV, because sexy dedication to well endowed derriere was to hot for company brass.

On the internet, some blog posters expressed discontent with the use of the song, but Target reps told the New York Post the song is primarily marketed to parents that have kids.

“Baby Got Back” reached #1 in 1992, won a Grammy and was Sir Mix-A-Lot’s biggest hit, but the rapper was already a platinum-selling artist before his highly publicized crossover.

MTV and BET embraced his 1987 hit “My Posse’s On Broadway” and other songs scored with fans as well.

“Baby Got Backpack” can be seen on national outlets through the summer and fall back-to-school season.

i would probably say hes not broke but i aint positive, gotta say tho u know its a positive thing for education so i guess its cool.

It's not like Sir Mix A Lot was ever going to have his rap carrer ressurected again. I think this Target song will keep his name in the spotlight, get his money, and hopefully (for him) some artist will feature him in a song.

It sucks how he'll keep doing this to that song. I saw one of those ringtone commercials and he was like "When a girl walks in with a fly ringtone you get SPRUNG" corny stuff man. It's cool thought that he's still getting paid off a song he made almost 15 years ago.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.