Sex Lyrics

I was listening to R.Kelly's new album and we all know he's no stranger to wild sexual antics, but I must admit I was kinda surprised by the level of sexual explicitness. Then again RnB and to a lesser extent hip-hop seem to be getting more and more focussed on sex... or maybe it's just society in general I dunno. I'm not overly offended by lyrics like that, but sheeeesh, sometimes just makes you go: :eek:

What does everyone else think?

Salar

The One, The Only
I think it's a bad influnce on the kids personally. Kids think it's cool to fuck because of this. I don't like how it's become a large focus on todays music, but i must admit there are some CLASSICS.
Just to mention a few:
Genuwine - pony
Genuwine - sex
Az Yet - Last Night
Silk -Freak Me
Jodeci - Freak n you

But again i must say that music and love songs always talk about how beautiful the girl is and how she gleams and how her looks drive the singer crazy. It's giving the wrong impression (the same goes for movies) to kids. They think that the partner has to have a slim body, a big booty, a sexy smile blah blah. I haven't heard a song in a while that emphasised on the beauty that goes much deeper.

Ahh, enough of the rantings.

FroDawgg

that's why i don't listen to R&B nowadays (other than a few songs)...they're either singing about explicit sex, gettin drunk in the club, or being a thug (that's why i listen to rap! jk). gimme some old school motown and marvin gaye and i'm good to go.

Synful*Luv

Staff member
I agree Amara, like every song on his album is about sex, he REALLY overdid it I think, it's at a point now where it's not even cute anymore it's just annoying. :(

Synful*Luv said:
I agree Amara, like every song on his album is about sex, he REALLY overdid it I think, it's at a point now where it's not even cute anymore it's just annoying. :(
Some of them were kinda funny like 'Sex Weed' but for someone with a great voice, the impact of the album was overpowered by dirty horny crap! lol.

The One said:
I think it's a bad influnce on the kids personally. Kids think it's cool to fuck because of this. I don't like how it's become a large focus on todays music, ...
But again i must say that music and love songs always talk about how beautiful the girl is and how she gleams and how her looks drive the singer crazy. It's giving the wrong impression (the same goes for movies) to kids. They think that the partner has to have a slim body, a big booty, a sexy smile blah blah. I haven't heard a song in a while that emphasised on the beauty that goes much deeper.
I wonder how much kids are being influenced. Looking at other artists like Amerie who would appeal to a younger generation of girls, the messages in songs are the desire for guys to do what they want to them, touch me, I'm not a good girl or whatever, lol. Then again, perhaps we are giving kids too much credit in the sense that its all music to them, how much do they process the messages? It may only be appealing for the pretty sounds. I dont by any means think that RnB artists should be held responsible for attitudes towards sex... it just seems that there are no limits to what is acceptable, it is like nothing is private, nothing is personal.

FroDawgg

Illuminattile said:
You listen to Marvin Gaye to get away from all the sexually charged modern music?
are you referring to "let's get it on" and "sexual healing"...even those weren't anywhere near the level of today's. but i'm talking about marvin's collection as a whole...from "stubborn kinda fella" to "ain't no mountain high enough" to "inner city blues" to "heard it though the grapevine", and yes, those two aformentioned songs.

FroDawgg said:
are you referring to "let's get it on" and "sexual healing"...even those weren't anywhere near the level of today's. but i'm talking about marvin's collection as a whole...from "stubborn kinda fella" to "ain't no mountain high enough" to "inner city blues" to "heard it though the grapevine", and yes, those two aformentioned songs.
It was a flippant comment.

Nevertheless, sex has always been a topic in music. When Marvin sang "Let's Get It On" that was pretty racy. Nowadays artists have to be more explicit to get the same reaction. Elvis got the same reaction for shaking his hips that Britney got for snogging Madonna. Changing standards.

KrAzY:aka:AnDy

Under The Influence
1 name, 2 words: Keith Sweat...

he's the king man.... listen to Nobody a real untouchable classic.... i liked R. Kelly back in the dizzay, but i cant help but feel like he's fallen off a little.... Trapped In The Closet is alright though (the series)... not bad... but his older stuff was just the bomb!

It's funny how we grow to appreciate things more once they get older.... especially music and movies... and sentimental items... material things... memories too... mayb its just everything lol...

"TP3:Reloaded" is hype because of the "Trapped in the Closet" series, but has other hot tracks like of course "Sex in the Kitchen" & "Sex Weed" which is my shit, but with this I did feel as though R. fell off with the songwriting and production, aside from the previously mentioned songs! His whole "U Saved Me/Happy People" experiment wasn't what anyone was expecting since this is R. fuckin' Kelly, but as long as he continues to put forth projects like "TP2.com", "Chocolate Factory", and if he could ever create another "12 Play" album or along those lines as far as full-length albums, it'd be something that everyone would enjoy not just a couple hot songs, but people will always fiend for R. and his creations!

As far as artists who can create sounds of sensuality and not disrespectful fuck funk or tales of wet & even wetter dreams...all the damn time...there are plenty artist of new & old who continue to do just that, they just don't get much shine or any at all!

Anthony Hamilton
John Legend
Musiq Soulchild
India Arie
Jagged Edge
Maxwell
Jaheim
Bobby Valentino (Aside from "Slow Down" & "Tell Me", listen to other songs from his album like "Want U to Know Me", "Never Lonely", "I'll Forgive U", and especially "One Girl to Love")

But for old school shit bout' getting their point across, without wild sex antics throughout damn-near every song you'd need:

Marvin Gaye
Johnny Taylor
Al Green
The Isley Brothers
Earth, Wind, & Fire
Freddie Jackson
Teddy Pendergrass
Luther Vandross
Babyface
Tony, Toni, Tone!
Boyz II Men

they do it because they don't know what else to fucking say. They are like yeah yeah, here's my new single check it out yo!

it's some song titled something like "i love you my angel" and the first verse talks about how they bitch got some thighs on them or some stupid shit like that. They ran out of ideas all these new R&B people. Like we don't know what sex is. They all are forgetting what Romance is; And at the end of the day that's what most people want.

Amara said:
I was listening to R.Kelly's new album and we all know he's no stranger to wild sexual antics, but I must admit I was kinda surprised by the level of sexual explicitness. Then again RnB and to a lesser extent hip-hop seem to be getting more and more focussed on sex... or maybe it's just society in general I dunno. I'm not overly offended by lyrics like that, but sheeeesh, sometimes just makes you go: :eek:

What does everyone else think?
I think you have been day-dreaming, Amara :cool:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.