Second man named in Proof shooting

Dave D

An altercation inside a Detroit nightclub led to the death of D-12 rapper Proof after an argument allegedly turned into a gunfight, leaving a bouncer wounded, according to sources.

A source that requested anonymity told AllHipHop.com that Proof was in the club after-hours when a heated verbal argument between Proof and a bouncer allegedly broke out and escalated.

Proof was shot and killed around 4:30 am on April 11 and the bouncer was seriously wounded, both with gunshots to the head.

Police are still releasing details in the shooting and have identified the second man as 35-year-old Keith Bender. Bender is alive, but is still in critical condition.

Sources told AllHipHop.com that the two men may have pulled guns on each other during the melee, or that a third bouncer had possibly shot Proof as a result of the gunplay.

Police are still trying to piece together details of the shooting but have stated they believe two guns were used in the shooting.

According to sources, Proof was licensed to carry his weapon.

Officers have frequently been called to the club, taking 18 incident reports since 1996.

The club was raided in December of 2005 for selling alcohol to minors and Proof's murder was the third time a shooting had occurred at or near the club.

The police questioned one witness in the case and seek to speak to others to find suspects. The club did not have a video surveillance system police, officers revealed.

Proof served as Eminem’s best man in the rapper’s short-lived wedding to Kim Mathers. The rapper, whose real name is Deshaun Holton, leaves behind a wife and five children.

THEV1LL4N

RIP Proof! Y did they do it, whoever shot proof and the bouncer, y did they go that far?

they ended sum1s life, and they'll b guilty for the rest of their lives, and it will eat them up in their minds and change their lives knowing theyve killed sum1 innocent!!

RIP Proof.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sandeep14 said:
RIP Proof! Y did they do it, whoever shot proof and the bouncer, y did they go that far?

they ended sum1s life, and they'll b guilty for the rest of their lives, and it will eat them up in their minds and change their lives knowing theyve killed sum1 innocent!!

RIP Proof.

Seems like both Proof and the Bouncer pulled guns.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sandeep14 said:
yea, but they mite have not even fired.

There are many possibilities, but the story above seems to say that a weapon was pulled by both Proof and the bouncer. The bouncer got shot by Proof, Proof got shot by a second person. It may not be true, but that's what it implies.

okkk

fuck man...RIP......this is why hip-hop/rap gets bad press...theyll twist and turn this story through the press...just watch.....

word is proof shot the first shot at the bouncer and then another bouncer then shot proof. i really hope it wasn't proof that started all of this but who knows. we will just have to wait to find out more info. peace

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
warriorinjewelz said:
word is proof shot the first shot at the bouncer and then another bouncer then shot proof. i really hope it wasn't proof that started all of this but who knows. we will just have to wait to find out more info. peace

That's what I'm hearing. But there are also reports Proof tried to stop a fight and was caught in the cross fire.

Pittsey said:
That's what I'm hearing. But there are also reports Proof tried to stop a fight and was caught in the cross fire.
yea i have heard the same too. i really hope he was trying to stop the fight instead of actually shooting the first shot but right now it doesn't look good from all the recent stuff i read. we have to wait for more info though. peace

Bobby Sands

Why the fuck does a 33 year old father of 5 have to be in a nightclub like that.I know its where he is from etc.but he has a lot of money.he doesnt need to go there you know.Stay at home at home and look after your kids for fucks sake and if you wanna go out go to a safer night club but i guess he had to stay real to where he comes from.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Why the fuck does a 33 year old father of 5 have to be in a nightclub like that.I know its where he is from etc.but he has a lot of money.he doesnt need to go there you know.Stay at home at home and look after your kids for fucks sake and if you wanna go out go to a safer night club but i guess he had to stay real to where he comes from.
damn are you narrow-minded, with 33 you're no old man and what do you wanna care your kids at 4 am? Gotta admit yourself that was a stupid statement. Stay quiet from now on mr. 21 years old OG Hiphop listener and 500 albums owner haha lmfao

Bobby Sands

damn are you narrow-minded, with 33 you're no old man and what do you wanna care your kids at 4 am?
Well if you are 33 and have 5 kids,you should calm down a bit anyway.I dont mean you dont enjoy youself but you have to be thinking of them when you decide to shoot someone..My statement is especially correct if u can consider the latest we have heard about the incident.

xxx

Tupac Tha Great said:
I agree. A man with 5 kids and a wife has no business being there. I dont care who you are.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Well if you are 33 and have 5 kids,you should calm down a bit anyway.I dont mean you dont enjoy youself but you have to be thinking of them when you decide to shoot someone..My statement is especially correct if u can consider the latest we have heard about the incident.

I agree 100% He shouldn't have been there to start with... 5 kids?
Damn what was the homie doing at a nightclub with guns at 4am????

RIP PRooF but seriously he brought it on himself...

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
what happened to the days, where if a gun was pulled they get hit in the mid-section/chest..

2 guys shot, both in the dead.
wtf? doesnt seem like it was carlessly aimed...

RIP Proof. :(

ArtsyGirl

Theres alot of different stories thats gonna be said, we probably wont know for sure for a while atleast. I really hope this one is untrue though.

And on that NY article, what kind of sick shit is that?? I'll e-mail him but who do you e-mail that keeps that guy employed? They need to fire him.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.