Scribble Jam Information thread

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
help me fill this out

emcee battle:

1996: ???

1997: (may be missing some battles that weren't recorded)

(pre lims)
choc vs eminem (em wins)
rhymefest vs some black guy (rhymefest wins)
elclipse vs juice (juice wins)
duece something vs rhymefest (rhymefest wins)
dose one vs unknown (dose wins)
eminem vs allstar (eminem wins)

semi finals:
dose one vs rhymefest (rhymefest wins in 3 rounds)
juice vs eminem (juice wins in 4 rounds)

finals:
juice wins by default (rhymefest bows out)

(dose initially wins against rhymefest, rhymefest claims interference because dose was yelling rhymes words by predicting, so they re-battle and try to make it so they can get Juice and Rhymefest to battle eachother). Thats why we see alternate battles live Dose One vs Eminem and Dose One vs Juice, and Rhymefest vs Eminem. Dose just disses SJ in his verses so they weren't put up on the internet.)

adeem wins

1999 - eyedea wins
prelims:
eyedea vs unseen

2nd round:
optimus prime vs eyedea (eyedea wins)

finals: eyedea vs peace

1st round:
eyedea vs propane (eyedea wins)
brother ali vs unseen (ali wins)
sage francis vs black guy with beard (sage wins)
blueprint v white female emcee

2nd round:
eyedea vs brother ali (ali wins)

3rd round:
Sage Francis vs Brother Ali (Sage wins)
Blueprint vs ??? (Blueprint wins)

Finals: Sage Francis vs Blueprint (Sage wins)

-Adeem wins
-Jin loses somewhere in this??

pre lims:
Swann vs Breez Evahflowin (Swann wins)
Juice vs Duece Leader (Juice wins, duece jumps off stage)
Rhymefest vs Seez Mics (rhymefest wins)
Yo Mamas Pimp vs Vesh (YMP wins)
Wreckonize vs Headcrack (wreckonize wins)
Dous Noun vs Flaps (dose wins)
Statik vs ??? (Statik wins)
B Gozza vs Serum (Serum wins)
Jack Cracker vs Deacon the Leader

round 2:
Swann vs Charles Brown (Swann wins)
Juice vs Dos Noun (juice wins)
Serum vs Sham God (Serum wins)
Wreckonize vs Me Myself and Rhyme (wreck wins)
Statik vs Cory Calico (Jack wins)

round 3:
Juice vs Wreckonize (Juice wins)
Swann vs Jack Cracker
Rhymefest vs Statik (rhyme wins)
Yo Mommas Pimp vs Serum (Wreck wins)

round 4:
swann vs rhymefest (rhymefest wins)
juice vs yo mommas pimp (yo mommas pimp wins)

finals: rhymefest beats yo mommas pimp

2004 illmaculate wins

2005 Justice wins
Justice vs Iron Solomon (Justice wins)

finals:
Justice vs TheSaurus (Justice wins)

2006TheSaurus wins

2007???

I could use some help here as far as these go, i plan to make an excell sheet one more info arises.

long live scribble jam, the ultimate emcee test (or what once was).

who did the best? so far i've counted for a few guys:

Juice: 7-1 (beats Eclipse, Eminem, Dose, Deuce Leader, Dous Noun, Wreckonize, Rhymefest by default, loses to Yo Mommas Pimp)

Eminem: 3-2 (beats Choc, Allstar, Dose One, loses to Juice and Rhymefest)

Rhymefest 8-1 (beats noname, Duece something, Dose One, Eminem, ??, jack cracker, swann, yo mommas pimp, loses to juice by default)

I think ur 2002 iinformation actually belongs under 2001

and this is a video of Jin getting served by Alias

... btw this was one weird ass scribble jam, Brother Ali, Slug and Sage all came pretty weak

linx

Staff member
Pretty dope topic. But too bad it won't get much attention since most people here don't know any of these people or what Scribble Jam even is, lol. Better this than those whack ass dvd battles with mixtape type rappers dissing each other while talking about guns and drugs shit.

I like a battle rapper who won't spit a bunch of written rhymes. Everybody spits written rhymes, but it's too obvious when they're nothing but that. Also, your flow cannot sound whack. And your rhyming has to be atleast a little dope. If not, you better just have some ridiculous punchlines. But someone who can do both is a great battle rapper. That's why I like Juice, The Saurus and Illmaculate. Jin did it big on live tv which I give him props for. Even though he sorta fell off since losing numerous battles, he's still a dope battle rapper. Fuck a Serious Jones.

Word... This is another great battle IMO. I just think that Iron Solomon is is overrated. Dude has some wild punchlines, but he recycles wayyy too many lines. And on top of that his flow while he's freestyling is BULLSHIT.

Personally I think this shoulda gone to Zeale...

Another cat that has a dope flow while freeing is Passwurdz, who also doesnt get much credit, but is still dope as hell IMO... Again its a battle against Iron Solomon (and probably one of the illest battles I've seen)

~peace

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
you guys know who Swann is right, whats your take on him?

hes so pre-written, but if you listen to his rebuttles to rhymefest in their battle from 2003 he holds his own and ripped Rhymefest, and was only one more dope punchline away from winning that round, and then he would've definetly beat Yo mamas pimp in the finals.

examples:

rhymefest: "i got a 6th sense all i see is wack people"

swann "i got a few flows if you had six cents/sense you would have some new clothes" (Rhymefest was wearing a janiter shirt or somethin)

rhymefest "wait a minute this is so vital, this is rubin from american idol"

swann "you cant fuck with swann, you just upset cuz rubin fucked yo mom"

rhymefest vs swann was the best battle in 2003 for sure.

for hte record, i think Juice intentionally didn't win against Yo Mamas Pimp to let Rhymefest go on and win. Juice didn't want to battle but they told him they'd let him do a set to promote his 2 new albums if he battled because Peace wasnt able to make it or something. I don't think battling was in Juice's heart and Rhymefest bowed out vs. Juice in 97 so maybe Juice was redoing the favor.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
ive been trying to google Supernatural interviews to see if theres any reason he never went to SCribble Jam

i found one from 1997 where he said he was trying to leave the battle rap scene (after he got ripped by Craig G lol) so maybe thats why but he still battled Juice and C Rayz a few years later).

imagine if Supernat had gone up against Eyedea or SAge, what a fucking unique battle. I honestly think Eyedea in 1999 or 2000 would rip him. Eyedea won 3 straight major battle tournies in a row and its bullshit that brother ali won, they should've ATLEAST given that battle 2 rounds eyedea was better overall.

or supernat vs sage, sage dances when his opponents rap and would lkook hilarious while nat is telling everyone how he grabs the mic.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
i think scribble jam should ink a tv deal where its like put on paper view or something, but they would probably get fucked over by whatever tv channel does it

i hate having to find good videos of battles a year or two after they take place lol

scribble jam 97 was like 4 or 5 years old before i got those battles on mp3

Personally to me Swann needs to work on his flow. His punchlines during freestyles are bananas, although he does have a bit of that repetitive cliche shit going on. But honestly like linx said a dude needs to be able to flow as well to be considered an amazing freestyler.

As far as supernat's concerned, I give props to the dude, cuz he proved time and time again that he really does freestyle. And the energy he builds up while doing it is crazy. I would have loved to see Eyedea or Sage battle supernat, but i guess both have them have kinda gone past emcee battling,

... I wanna find some C-Rayz battles, everytime i've seen him battling he doesnt come off too amazing but I was reading somewhere that alot of the emcee battles around NYC had given him honorable discharge cuz dude would str8 tear cats up everytime he came. But I've only heard em battling Avalanche and Immortal Technique, and he didnt come too strong and either of em.

One of the battles that I couldnt wait to hear was Eyedea vs Technique, but wasnt too impressed when I heard it. I think battling's got alot to do with the chemistry the performers have together. Sometimes it just doesnt turn out too great even if both battlers are ill.

As far as Scribble Jam on TV is concerned... it wont happen. Just grab the dvd's they put em all on dvd now anyways, so u wont have to worry about the battles being 4 years old

~peace

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
I like a battle rapper who won't spit a bunch of written rhymes. Everybody spits written rhymes, but it's too obvious when they're nothing but that. Also, your flow cannot sound whack. And your rhyming has to be atleast a little dope. If not, you better just have some ridiculous punchlines. But someone who can do both is a great battle rapper. That's why I like Juice, The Saurus and Illmaculate. Jin did it big on live tv which I give him props for. Even though he sorta fell off since losing numerous battles, he's still a dope battle rapper. Fuck a Serious Jones.
best punchline battlers in no order: juice, iron solomon, eyedea, jin, technique, swann

other than juice and eyedea, all those guys are usually prewrote. jin isnt always, and technique ran out of punchlines when he battled eyedea so he isnt always either, but the lines they all use to rock a crowd are always multi's and clearly not random thoughts. iron solomon's main problem at scribble was that he sucked rapping on the beat, he rips cats in acapella street battles and has the ability to rip cats over instrumentals but at scribble he didn't. justice is a nice emcee and reps australia or whatever but it pained me to see him beat iron and thesaurus, they both disapointed after all the hype i had seen them get.

best off the top guys:

supernatural (not too impressive with punchlines)
eyedea
c rayz walz (not too many battles of his are out there tho)
sage francis (the white supernatural)
juice (he grabbed eminems budweiser and said "you got a budweiser beer? well im'a bout to switch: bitch u do what ever i say every rip"! haha)
yo momma's pimp (aka black plagesus or something)
rhymefest
thesaurus
illmaculate (i hate this kid but hes got skills lol)
justice

ofcourse ALL freestyle rappers use prewrote lines or else they wouldn't win any battles and would look like total garbage just rhyming random words or whatever, but these guys are legit at freestyling.

guys who i wish i could see more battles of or atleast hear:

c rayz walz (as i mentioned)
jakki da mottamouth
proof of d12 (RIP)
craig g (besides supernat)
supernat (other than his Craig G battles and battling Juice, what else of his is out there?)
Juice (you can NEVER see enough of juice lol)
thirstin howl (he was in Rap Olympics in 98, wonder if anything is around)
pack fm (i guess hes won alot but he sounds wack when i hear him)
diabolic (he got RIPPED by technique hehe)
technique (did he do anyting besides rocksteady and losing on 106th and park)

ARon

'03 is probably my favorite year. Yo Mammas Pimp aka Black Pegasus which is his real name is from CO Springs, he's big out here. I didn't want him to win I'm glad he didnt but I was hopin to see Juice vs Fest, but when Black P was like "we going another round cus the judges are on your dick" somehting like that, to Juice I was like damn. Wasn't all witty or anything just hit hard. Plus the fat guy jumpin off the stage cus he knew he couldnt beat Juice was hillarious. On a side note, this year probably held the best B Boy comp out of all of them, crazy shit went on but i dont think to many poeple here break so won't get into that. I like a bunch of international dudes getting into the scene lately, or at least showin up. One thing I have always hated and international dudes all seem to be is the crazy hype guy jumpin around sometimes not makin sense, oh so annoying. Then you got people like Wreckonize usin flip and spit in every single verse which is annoying too. Swann is one of my favorites, he says some funny shit but he gets hated on a lot. You already know what he's gonna do everytime he gets up but at least you don't know what he is gonna say. I've always wanted to see Juice and eyedea go at it, I may havem issed it but whatever, Juice is it, "I'm the reason why they let you into to Scribble Jam." Blahhh

linx

Staff member
I was never a big fan of Eyedea. I'm not sure why. I'm not gonna say I don't like him, but I was just never a big fan. Swann i've always liked. He always has good rhymes that hit hard and make you laugh. He's good at clowning his opponent. Although he does use comparisons too much.

edit: When I said that most people wouldn't know anyone mentioned in this thread, I didn't mean that in a "haha I know who they are and you don't" type way. I was just saying that i've been around the board a long time and haven't really ever seen anyone mention Scribble Jam or anyone involved in it besides 1 or 2 names. Most of these cats aren't even actual rappers and are just battle rappers. That's another reason. Just wanted to clear that up so nobody thinks I was being a dick.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
2001:

brother ali beats black guy
adeem beats chaos
alius beats jin
mac leathal beats cashmere
unseen beats ??? (no footaeg)
sage francis (strange famous) beats origin owl
slug beats machine.gun.kelly
blueprint beats ??

round 2
mac lethal beats unseen
adeem beats blueprint
sage francis beats slug
brother ali beats ???
blueprint beats ???

round 3
sage francis beats brother ali
adeem beats blueprint
mac lethal beats ???

round 4
adeem beats sage francis (very questionable!)
mac lethal beats ???

FINAL
Adeem beats Mac Lethal

whats the point of uppin man.. I mean I love scribble jam, but half the ppl on the board wont give it a chance, the other half isnt into that type of shit, and the minority follow it and have already contributed to the thread

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.