Scott Storch's Financial Troubles Continue, Producer M.I.A.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Scott Storch was once considered one of the "go to" producers in music. He was crafting hit after hit over the years, but as of late, his chart topping hits are few and far between, and reports of financial problems continue to surface.

His empire seems to be sinking, thanks to his lavish way of living, excessive spending, and poor money management, not to mention the downsizing music industry. Storch once commanded an estimated $100,000 per beat. But with the decline of music sales, labels refuse to pay those prices any longer.

According to reports, 34-year-old Storch is nowhere to be found these days. The Associated Press reports that Storch owes over $500,000 in real estate taxes for his $10.5 million Miami waterfront mansion, and previously had warrants out for his arrest for not turning up in court in his child-support case in June.

"I think he's embarrassed," Vanessa Bellido, the producer's ex-girlfriend and the mother of Storch's first son Steven, told the AP. "I don't think he's going to be right until he has his money."

Storch no longer works with his old manager or publicist. Both say they haven't seen or talked to him in months, and the same goes for his children.

His child support lawyer, Guy Spiegelman, cites mismanagement for Storch's downfall. He is reportedly trying to refinance his Miami home to recover from the tumultuous year, which he cites as "mismanagement."

"There was some mismanagement and some other errors," Spiegelman said. "He got jammed. I don't think he's going down, I just think he's having difficulty. It's a cash flow problem."

Storch, according to Rolling Stone, had earned $70 million in 2004 and dubbed him "hip-hop's Liberace." He dated movie and music celebs such as Lil Kim and Paris Hilton. His excess spending though, has put a damper on his relationship with his sons, Steven and 2-year-old Jalen Daniel, who he birthed with Dalene Jennifer Daniel. Bellido and Daniel say the producer is inconsistent with child support, but is not a deadbeat dad.

"Once able to get his attention, he stepped up to the plate and did the right thing across the board," Jason Setchen, Daniel's attorney, told the AP.

"Scott's not a bad person," added Vanessa Bellido. "I know he loves his son. He's been irresponsible."

To date, Storch hasn't shown up for his child support hearings, but his lawyer has said that he has since paid Daniel the money she was owed, and the arrest warrant was lifted.

"I'd like to see him do the right thing so we can move on," Setchen says.

Source: BallerStatus.com

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
I got a weird gut feeling that he owes money to some mob type shit and he's gonna turn up dead. I hope not.

But remember when Lil Kim's car was repo'd? I said he was having financial problems..damn..from making 70 MILLION 4 years ago to going MIA cuz of money problems..

..damn..

S. Fourteen

He made 70 Mil? Talk about being overrated.

DMX and Storch - we just need one more to complete the Three Broke Stooges. Young Buck, where are you?

S. Fourteen

^^ I agree with you.

The thing about stupid people getting lots of money is that - their spending habits get bigger along with their paychecks.

When a stupid ass gets his millions, what does he do? - He goes out and buys mansions, blow it on Armani suits and Gucci shades that are cool for two years at most and he pretends like that money's going to be there forever.

When a smart person gets his millions - he goes out and makes money on money. He builds himself a money making machine, a tiny empire if you will.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.