Scott Storch snubbed by the Grammy Commitee

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Beat maker Scott Storch is disappointed to find that he was snubbed for a Grammy Nomination. The 32-year-old Aftermath Super Producer found he was overlooked in the Producer of the Year category.

"I was extremely disappointed to find I was not nominated ... and even more so when I saw the list of nominees," Storch said in a statement, claiming that the shutout was a result of politics within the committee.

The Producer of the Year nominees for the February 8th ceremony in Los Angeles are the Neptunes, Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, Danger Mouse, Nigel Godrich, and Steve Lillywhite.

It does seem a strange decision when three of the candidates (Danger Mouse, Godrich and Lillywhite) have one or two albums credited to their names for the entire year, while Scott Storch produced 13 hit singles in 2005.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
thats really fucked up. storch help build careers and made mad hit songs.

if some1 can list the 13, id appreciate it. ;)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
SiGh said:
if some1 can list the 13, id appreciate it. ;)

Erm... This is a guess...

Lil' Kim - Lighters Up.
50 Cent - Just a Lil' Bit, CandyShop
Chris Brown - Run It
R Kelly - Playas Only
Fat Joe - Get It Poppin'
Mario - Let Me Love you
Turn it Up - Chamillionaire

That's 8 and I'm done.

Shot 21

Who the fuck are all these? The Neptunes can produce sicc beats. But I aint heard of the rest. As well as Scott Storch other nominees should be Lil Jon, Dr Dre, Swizz Beats, the list goes on.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.