school me on the pharcyde real quick

roaches

Biggest hits: "Passin' Me By", "Runnin" (both of which inspired R&B hits)

Early '90s west coast rap group, stand out further in retrospect because their records appeal to east coast aesthetics. Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde is their masterpiece.. It's a fun summertime record. Labcabincalifornia is less unanimously acclaimed, but it's still very good.

Their careers since then are pretty embarrassing. Fatlip has lost all of his self-esteem and is putting out things like "What's Up Fatlip". Tre is suffering from a disease that's similar to Baduizm, I guess. He fucked a girl on MTV's Real World and has dropped some terrible solo shit. Bootie Brown and Imani are conning jam band fans and Native Tongue leftovers all over the world by continuing to tour as the Pharcyde (which is like Masta Killa and U-God touring and promoting it as a Wu-Tang Clan show). Their last two albums are terrible.

PDT

One of my favorite groups. They showed the Passing Me By video on 106 & Park a while ago, that was bad ass. Passing Me By was their biggest hit, got up to #52 on the Hot 100, Runnin' went to #55, Drop made the Hot 100 somewhere lower, can't remember. Bizarre Ride is a straight classic, wit tracks like 4 Better Or 4 Worse, On The DL, Ya Mama & Passing Me By, and you can't forget Pack The Pipe, a touching story about getting a little kid high "thank you homieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Labcabincalifornia is dope but not as good, Plain Rap is a lil' plain, Humboldt Beginnings was pretty good but not that great.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.