Scarface - "The Fix" appreciation thread....

I hadnt listened to this album in ages, probably over a year. I popped it in today and was like :eek:

Ever buy an album you thought was just ok, gave it a few spins, but then it started collecting dust....but then you go back to it months or even years later and you LOVE it??

Album is hot, I totally forgot how dope this was. The production is a mixture of that gritty southern sound with the now in-fashion soul type beats that Kanye is using. And Face always comes correct on the mic....I wouldnt say the album is classic but its close.

I dont know I had heard so much hype about it and bout it about a year ago and just never really fell in love with it. Dont listen to it much, just that song with Nasty Nas

I felt the same way also at first but when I put it in today I heard it in a whole new way. I think my problem with the album was the timing. It came out in 2002, when the "soul sound" was starting to get real popular and back then I wasnt a believer lol.....but now ive kinda grown open to it and upon re-listening to it, I was shocked at how good it is. Honestly, its probably one of the best albums to drop post-2000.....The Source also gave it 5 mics which kinda overhyped the album, but the album is still a solid 4.5/5....

Lok

• The lyrics are shit. The man can't rap a sentence without saying a cuss word.
  • The production is avarege with a few bangers, but the wack lyrics kill it.
  • The album has no replay value
  • I used to think it was a classic...

Lok said:
  • The lyrics are shit. The man can't rap a sentence without saying a cuss word.
  • The production is avarege with a few bangers, but the wack lyrics kill it.
  • The album has no replay value
  • I used to think it was a classic...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I see somebody has been doing too much of this......

ARon

^^Haha Word. Nah for me ever since day one I liked this album. Good album if your in that certain mood, stays pretty consistent like that. Tight album.

its a good album no doubt not a classic by any stretch of the imaganation though, far too short for a start, and some filler without guest apperances this album woulkd be poor.
these are got songs however:

* guess whos bizack
* what can i do?
* in between us
* heaven
* someday
* sell out

he can get a bit preacher like on some songs though gets annoying him talkin about god in one verse then shootin people the next??

Franchise2003 said:
its a good album no doubt not a classic by any stretch of the imaganation though, far too short for a start, and some filler without guest apperances this album woulkd be poor.
these are got songs however:

* guess whos bizack
* what can i do?
* in between us
* heaven
* someday
* sell out

he can get a bit preacher like on some songs though gets annoying him talkin about god in one verse then shootin people the next??
Illmatic was only 40 minutes (shorter then this album), and thats a classic.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.