Scarface retires from dropping solo albums; Tupac album is "Fake"

Scarface announced today that he won't be releasing any solo albums ever again and probably wont rap at all unless it's on a special occasion.
"I'm not gon' rap no more at all. Shit, this is not a good business to be in. I'm sure Rap-A-Lot will be releasing a lot of stuff that I did earlier or make stuff. After Rap-A-Lot released My Balls And My Word I knew I wasn't never do another album again. They just took my old songs, changed the beats and...all that shit that never came out. Just like the My Homies shit, I didn't do that. The Fix was my last album. I'll never record again. I'll fuck with my group. Another solo album, no? That Tupac stuff, all that shit I hear about, I ain't got shit to do with that."

From now on Scarface will focus purely on making beats and producing for people. He's done a couple of tracks for The Product and plans to produce on UGK's next album as well.

"I did a whole bunch of shit that people just tagged their name on. I did the 'My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me' beat. I did 'I've Seen A Man Died.' I did my whole first album, [Mr. Scarface Is Back]" Face revealed. "My whole career I've been doing it. I've been making a lot beats, man that people have been taking credit for, making it look like they the producer and I'm just sitting there."

Source: http://www.a n o t h a.com / http://www.musicns.com

roaches

He doesn't seem mad about Rap-a-lot creating albums out of his material, he's just acknowledging that he didn't have anything to do with it. Face has always been like that - he just speaks the facts without getting emotional about it.

It doesn't matter anyway. Besides the fact that he was talking like this even before The Fix come out, he's pretty much had a full run anyway.

His career as part of one of hip-hop's greatest groups alone makes him a legend.

His solo career cemented the fact that he's undoubtedly one of the top ten of all time.

He's already tasted platinum plaques, critical acclaim, the adulation of his peers and the respect of fans.

His body of work speaks for itself - there's not much more he could cover.

He's one of the few rappers who has fulfilled his potential, going further would risk redundancy and diminishing returns.

Hell, he's already done enough as it is with grooming other artists, the fact that he's still out there building up new talent proves that he knows what parts of his career he's done enough in and where he still has room to do something interesting, rewarding and constructive.

The only things we need from Face solo now are the 700-page autobiography and, maybe, in 20 years, a nice end-of-the-road session or two with Rick Rubin a la Cash, Khan, etc. if there's anything else he needs to get off his chest.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.