Scarface - Never

Casey

Staff member
I love Scarface. One of my favorite rappers for sure. It sucks, cos no-one in the UK has really heard of him. (Rap-A-Lot never had UK distribution so you can't get any of his CD's here except for The Fix since that was on Def Jam. Occasionally you see them for stupid prices on import...I remember seeing one copy of Last of A Dying Breed on one shelf in HMV a while back for like £23, which is $46).

I picked up The Diary and My Homies and some others when I've been in the US, after only having the MP3's for years.

Anyway I'm not at home right now but I'll have a listen when I get back. Hope the link isn't dead by then.

Just found this posted on a hip-hop site, posted about a month ago. Do you know if any of this is true? If it is, it's definately good news. I think 'Face knows what kind of exposure he gets on Def Jam as opposed to an indie like Rap-A-Lot, and tries a bit harder....which is why The Fix was such a great album compared to other things he's done recently.

source
Hip-Hop legend Scarface will release a new album in 2008 through Def Jam Records after signing a one album deal with the legendary record label in July.

Scarface hasn't released an album in five years but maintains strong ties with Def Jam including discovering multi-platinum superstar Ludacris as President of the now defunct Def Jam South.

The new album, "Undisputed", will feature production from Kanye West, Dr. Dre, Hi-Tek, Salih Williams and DJ Paul & Juicy J of Three 6 Mafia. Guest artists will include Ludacris, 2 Pac, Snoop Dogg, Z-Ro, UGK, Bushwick Bill, Kelly Rowland and more.

Casey

Staff member
On another note, does anyone have Marilyn Manson's cover of the Geto Boys track "Mind Of A Lunatic"? I just found out that he did this, and really want to hear it.

Good stuff...I was pissed off when I heard he had retired, he has one of the most distinctive voices I have ever heard. Definitely up there in my favs. Thanks a lot for postin this up!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.