Saigon's Album Dropping July 31st, Says "My Shit Is Better Than 'Illmatic'"

Should be dope album but i doubt it will be better then Illmatic, can't wait for it, he also claimed that Ludacris sort of jacked his song!

Almost everyone backing the kid Saigon was let down when his first single, "Pain in My Life," was swagger jacked and overshadowed by Ludacris' fake, out-of-place "Runaway Love." Looking for Saigitty's take on the whole ordeal? I got it right here. Gitty's debut The Greatest Story Never Told better than Nas' debut Illmatic? That's exactly what he said.

Shout out to the kid Mikey Fresh putting in work at The Source, who sat down with Saigon in the office and got this exclusive interview, available on TheIndustryCosign:

"I'm guaranteeing the best hip-hop album in the last twenty years. Guaranteed to change the game, but it's gonna do more then change the game, it's going to change life; the state of life for a lot of people in America because it's the unadulterated truth. I mean like actual truth, the things people think about everyday, hear about, but don't wanna say because they scared of the repercussions or what's going to happen. It's the same things I been spitting but it's me a lil bit more advanced. Just Blaze and Kanye pretty much did my whole album, so you can imagine what the production is like and… Greatest Story Never Told, July thirty-first.

"I will say that there's not been an album in the past 20 years that is going to better then mine. My shit is better than Illmatic.

"I'm not insinuating Ludacris stole my shit, but we met for the first time in August when my record was out and his wasn't, and he told me that he loved my record and he didn't mention about the one he had. He didn't say 'yo I got one just like it.' He didn't say nothing. See what I'm sayin and my record goes 'Young Felcia was only four when she learned how to ride a bike…' His record goes 'Little Erica is only five years old, she trying…' Come on doggy, I call a spade, a spade something smells fishy [laughs]. And you know what's funny I'm glad that he came out with it because it gave my me power at my label. My label didn't want to put a dime behind my record. They were like 'you can't dance to this in the club.' Every fuckin record doesn't have to be club song."

http://blogs.sohh.com/nyc/archives/2007/04/saigons_album_dropping_july_31.html

linx

Staff member
What are you guys talking about? Saigon is dope. I aint gonna lie and say I have been a Saigon fan forever, but he's become one of those rappers whos album I WILL look forward to. He has a message in his music and dude is a dope rapper period. If he doesn't have whack rappers on his albums and he has good beats, the album will be dope. I know he'll come correct as far as lyrics. :thumb:

The.Menace

Staff member
well he might be dope but the truth is that he never had a album out *only mixtapes, right?*. I mean, how can you say you album will be the best in the last 20 years if you haven't proven shit yet. if Dre says he's gonna change the game with the next record, you kinda gotta respect it cause he did it before, but come on, this kid gotta show a lil something first of all.

ArtsyGirl

well he might be dope but the truth is that he never had a album out *only mixtapes, right?*. I mean, how can you say you album will be the best in the last 20 years if you haven't proven shit yet. if Dre says he's gonna change the game with the next record, you kinda gotta respect it cause he did it before, but come on, this kid gotta show a lil something first of all.
But at the same time if you use Illmatic as an example, that was Nas' debut and thats considered a Hip Hop classic. You dont need to release two average albums to prove you can make a classic. I guess the guy just believes in what he's putting out so much that his willing to make such a huge statement. Problem is he just raised everyones expectations double time.

Saigons a dope rapper. But c'mon man, u cant just label ur album like that. You can say "yo i'm hoping to bring something new to the table, and hopind to bring some change with this record, cuz i poured my soul into it".. but saying "yo my shit is the best album in 20 years" like fuck dude polly hasnt even heard 50% of the albums released inthe past 20 years, and neither have we, so u cant just label ur shit like that.

.. anyways man, i'm looking forward to the release, hopefully it comes out and i expect it to be a great album, but i doubt it'll be the best with releases like "undisputed truth", "detox" & "armor of god" in the same year

Yea, guy might be dope rapper, but he just saying this for the promotion.Heard such thing before many times and its just yappy yappy.Rappers always talk ''oh my shit is gonna be better than next mans shit'' and what not, its all trash as far as im concerned.

linx

Staff member
Of course he's saying it for promotion. What are the odds it will be better than Illmatic? It's obviously possible, but come on now. Even if it isn't and it's dope anyway, that's enough for me. But since he mentioned Illmatic, many people will complain and say it sucks cause it isn't as good as Illmatic. Sorta like people did It Was Written.

Casey

Staff member
There's every possibility that Sai could make a raw album as hard as illmatic, but it wouldnt sell any copies and the label wouldnt put any money into it unless there was a radio hit. that's how the industry works in this day and age.

too bad Luda didnt bite Sai, if anything, Luda bit Pac (Brenda's Got a Baby anyone?). But thats hip-hop man you try to take a rappers concept or style and make it your own, if not better.

Sai talkin too much man, thought homie was tryin to come off as deep (like Pac) at one point in time. Him and Papoose need to drop their LP's and save New York/Hip-hop like they say they goin' to do. The bay area has new CD's coming out every damn week from their artist, how come the big hitters in New York can't step up and tell them industry folk get on their grind? They should pull a Prodigy (though I dislike dude) and go both independent and big label, so, if the big label cock blocking yo shit (or whoever is cock blocking) then you can just put out some teaser LPs at least to show you can make a decent LP.

But I heard a Saigon sampler recently and it sounded aight, heres the link if you aint got it yet the beats are knockin

http://www.zshare.net/audio/saigon-greatest-story-never-told-sampler-mp3.html

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.