Saigon - 'The Greatest Story Never Told'

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Opinions?

I have only just got around to listening. My opinion so far isn't entirely complementary.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
lol

I think it sounds very dated. I don't see why he didn't just scrap it when it got held up for so long. He could have got some more beats off JB and gone back in the studio.

I read a review which gave it 4/5. I don't see it. I have only listened to it once though.

I like the way the songs link together and the concept. Lyrically it's fine.

ARon

It's really a great album. I love how it flows seamlessly from track to track, dj'n and shit I appreciate and respect that. Lyrics are beyond on point and th production is top notch. I don't really think it sounds dated even though it's an easy argument to make considering how long it took for the album to come out. I like it a lot so far

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I skimmed through it when it leaked, nothing appealed to me as replay-worthy. I kinda know what Pittsey means. I expected him to have these messages 5 years so now I have no particular interest in hearing it over and over. Kind of like how I can't listen to Lupe's "Words I never I said" anymore. There's only so much juice in saying shit like that. It starts to lack the punch. His flow is on point and beats are good but he's not creative enough lyrically to make it interesting to hear what he has to say. I can listen to Pusha paint pictures for days.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I wasn't blown away by it either. Found it to be a bit "been there done that" and that's weird considering that this is his first album. He's in a fucked situation, if this came out years ago it would have been dope, but we've known about him for so long I expect better now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online